• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Windows cannot find 'powershell.exe'." Error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used to have Adobe XD installed on my Windows 10 PC for the past few months until I had to use it again, and realized I couldn't find it in the task bar or start menu.

Upon opening Creative Cloud app, it says "install" rather than open, meaning it was removed without my knowledge and I had to redownload it.

The main issue comes from being unable to update or install it because of the screencapped error below.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Way To Delete Powershell.exe Virus Completely From Windows PC​

About Powershell.exe Powershell.exe is a new and very harmful compute virus detected as Trojan. It is one such very devastating computer virus which can compromise your system severely. Well, it has been programmed the professional cyber criminals and mostly target Windows OS based computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joshua,

It looks that your Path environment variable is corrupted and doesn't contain the path to powershell.exe.

In order to fix this, follow the steps:

Right click start button -> System -> Advanced system settings -> Environment Variables... -> Select PATH -> Click Edit...

Make sure to have C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\ among the entries. If you don't have it, add it there.

You should restart the Creative Cloud app before trying to install again, or to be sure, it's better to restart your computer.

Let me know if it fixes your problem,

Vlad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for the response! powershell is there, restarted my PC, still have the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way To Delete Powershell.exe Virus Completely From Windows PC​

About Powershell.exe Powershell.exe is a new and very harmful compute virus detected as Trojan. It is one such very devastating computer virus which can compromise your system severely. Well, it has been programmed the professional cyber criminals and mostly target Windows OS based computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines