• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Adobe XD crashing on macOS Catalina.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

My XD is crashing after the lastest update of my macOS. Please help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

After downloaded the newest version (v35.1.12) and installed (24 NOV), this issue went away. Happy XD again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I saw there was an new update, have you tried installing that yet?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did, and it's crashing since the new update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm also getting various reports of our marketing users not able to use Adobe XD today on macOS.  I've done the steps provided in these threads to no luck.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just rollbacked to v34.4.12find-old-version.png. With v35.0.12 from today's update, i was not able to open any XD files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much gabe! This worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear that. Would you mind generating logs using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM? I would also request you to please uninstall XD and Reinstall again and then try to open the files again.

We will try our best to help.

Note: Please add the url of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did uninstall it and install it and the new version is not working. And now my issue is that the file i need to work on is saved with the latest version and I'm not able to access it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps. Was the file saved on cloud or locally? If cloud, please try to open the file from here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue, have now reverted back to v34. Have reinstalled xd, signed in and out of my account and even jumped to Big Sur but still facing the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

log files here: AdobeLogs_20201119_112709_420-mac.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloaded the newest version (v35.1.12) and installed (24 NOV), this issue went away. Happy XD again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Experiencing the same thing. This is a huge bug. 

Occuring on both my Macbook Pro (2017) and iMac (2015); iOS Catalina 10.15.7 using XD 35.0.12 as well as the version before this. 

I have been trouble shooting since last night; stayed up until 4AM trying to finish a time sensitive project but the app kept crashing every 5 minutes. Completely unusable software, why do we pay so much to get this. 

I have uninstalled XD over and over again. As well as went back to an older version of XD; which I was met with "This was saved with a newer version of Adobe XD. Please update Adobe XD to open it."  Used the Adobe Cleaner Tool as well; fully wiping out any Adobe settings, then reinstalling CC. Obviously restarted my computer. 

Things to maybe note; using an external monitor, files were saved on Adobe Cloud as well as local file. Another thing; I cannot update to macOS Big Sur due to my external cables not being compatible with that software; in case that is the next suggestion. 

Hoping for a fix soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS*** Rather than iOS, apologies it's been a long week. 

Update: 3 hours of troubleshooting; continuing to clean and reinstall. Even updated my iMac to macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 to see if XD would be more compatiable. No dice. 

Love having software that is useless, should've stuck with Figma. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response. If you're still experiencing the issue with XD on 35.1 version, I would request you to please get in touch with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that we can help you immediately.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines