Re: Flipped photos when copy-pasting content from XD to Illustrator.

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced this flipping image issue also when copy-pasting content from XD (version MAY,13,2019)

to Illustrator (23.0.3). After reinstallation and updating XD (version JUN, 17, 2019), copy-pasting to Illustrator leaves just an empty rectangle. I work on Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Re: Flipped photos when copy-pasting content from XD to Illustrator.

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced this flipping image issue also when copy-pasting content from XD (version MAY,13,2019)

to Illustrator (23.0.3). After reinstallation and updating XD (version JUN, 17, 2019), copy-pasting to Illustrator leaves just an empty rectangle. I work on Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reproducing bug, please update your problem in details to understand your workflow. Did you copy/past raster images into AI from Xd? Or your content consist only vector object? Or both?

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have also now tried with Apple macOS and the issue appears to be somewhat similar: this time the images are visible, but the crop and alignment is out of place. This happens consistently with raster images that I have drag-and-dropped to XD inside a rectangle. Images that were not cropped at all and images that I cropped with a separate mask behave properly.

After copy-pasting to Illustrator, the placeholder rectangle is right where it should be, but the image inside is misaligned and tiles itself with repeating pattern over the edges. Furthermore, moving the placeholder does not move the image - it just displays a different part of the repeating pattern. I can see that Illustrator defines these misbehaving images as object fill.

The issue appears consistently with some variations on different devices. E.g. an iPhone would display the image as upside down.

I hope this was helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for performing the initial troubleshooting process. Could you please confirm a few more details?

• If it is happening with a specific file or with all the files?
  • If you have another computer, can you try reproducing this issue on it and let us know of your observations?

Please let us know if you face any issue with this.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the issue happens consistently regardless of the file or the device.

In Illustrator, I can see that the image is being handled as object pattern fill, rather than placed image.

Screenshot 2019-07-03 at 17.44.11.png

This does not happen with images that were not cropped in XD.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 0
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to reproduce your workflow. The mask has been created in xd and then has been copied in Ai, As you can see the image is in correct position in Ai. Also in swatches panel you can see the pattern that has been created from image. In Ai you can double click on pattern and edit it as well and  rotate pattern. For reproducing bug we need your xd file. Can you share it with us?

Capture 2.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is a file I composed to that reproduces the issue at least on my setup. You can download it from WeTransfer: https://we.tl/t-AVFFog8NUQ

This time, all the images are affected.

Original in XD.pngCopy-pasted to Ai.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for file. I reproduce your glitch as I don't think this is a bug. I think its a way that xd works.

It happens when your mask is not Mask Group.

Variant 1

Place an bitmap and then draw on a shape on bitmap then Make Mask. Xd will create a Mask Group in Layers After copy/past into Ai it will not create a pattern as Ai import to different objects

Variant 2

If you drop an image into shape and then copy/past into Ai it will create a pattern (and the pattern is flipped).

But the Mask Grope from your file also create the pattern, Please try Variant 1 in new file and see if the pattern will be created again?.

Thanks

Capture.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0