Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent files in Windows jumplist not opening

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

with the current releases of XD I cannot open my recently used files via the Windows jumplist (right click on XD icon in taskbar). From the 'recent files' menu it does work correctly, only when clicking an entry in the jumplist nothing happens at all.

Kind regards
Dominik

TOPICS
Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominik,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD & Windows.
  2. Were the files saved on a network location or locally?
  3. Was there any change in the location of the files?
  4. Are you able to open recent files in any other applications?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

no problem:

1. I am currently using Adobe XD v35.1.12.5 on Windows 10 Pro (Build 19042.630).

2. The files are stored locally.

3. No, sorry.

4. In other applications recent files are working correctly. However, today I noticed that *sometimes* recent files do work in XD, but not everytime. Sometimes, when I pick a file from the recent list, just nothing happens (with the file still in its desired location), another time everything works fine and it opens correctly.

I just tested it with XD closed (cold start) and it then only showed up the open dialog. I tried another time, now with XD already open, and suddenly it worked. Recent files menu within XD works everytime, jumplist only sometimes. Kind of weird...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details. We'll need to investigate this on our end, so could you please collect and share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines