Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record Preview Resolution Options

New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue that's bothering me. I'm using Adobe XD and when I'm using the record preview option XD automatically saved that video in resolution of 1538 x 1538 px (and the original artboards are 2500 x 2500 px). Is there some option to edit the video recording size/resolution output in XD for this particular purpose?

Thank you in advance,

Aleksandar

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

I just tried 3000 x 3000 artboard and the MP4 I get is 2674 x 2674. Then I resized the artboard to 1200 x 1200. The MP4 is now 2400 x 2400. Very random. I think it's to do with Mac's retina display, because if I move the preview window to another (non-retina) monitor, I get 1163 x 1163 (closer to 1200 x 1200 but still not quite). Can you file this as a bug? Adobe XD: Bugs: Top (846 ideas) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aleksandar,

Sorry that you are unable to get desired output from the video that you recorded for your prototype. Could you please share the OS version and the version of XD which you are using? Please try to share your prototype for development and check if there are any discrepancy in the details.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a MacBook Pro 13 2018 running OS X Mojave 10.14.4 and the Adobe XD version is 18.2.12.2.

Here's the link to the XD project I was trying to record: https://mega.nz/#!3qZ31QbQ!31hGgwDuHbReexY7Zfl02wD1D1jakRPNS1pB6FK0njs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried recording the interactions in the file on my Mac OS, and I do not see an issue with the recording. See this mp4 file Adobe Creative Cloud​ and let me know if there is anything missing that I am not able to immediately figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The matter is about video output resolution. I'm also able to record interactions but the final .mp4 video isn't the same resolution as the artboard. The artboards are 3000 x 3000 px, and the final video is around 1500 x 1500 px.

Edit: Is it even possible to change the video output resolution in XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I am aware of. I am hoping that the other users have a better idea or a workaround solution that can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think Adobe XD tries to export the video with the best possible resolution. On the other hand, the measurements assigned to your artboards are quite large.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all of you guys for being kind to help and try to resolve this. italosan​ It doesn't matter how big the artboard is. I've tried with a smaller artboards of 1200 x 1200 px and the final output file is again 1538 x 1538 px.

I think that it doesn't really matter how big you set your project artboards as the record option doesn't do any rendering of the video but just records the interaction on screen or to be more precise the area of the screen where the interaction windows pops up (similar to what a screen recorder does). It would take a 4K display to record an interaction in, lets say, 3000 x 3000 px? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this may be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried 3000 x 3000 artboard and the MP4 I get is 2674 x 2674. Then I resized the artboard to 1200 x 1200. The MP4 is now 2400 x 2400. Very random. I think it's to do with Mac's retina display, because if I move the preview window to another (non-retina) monitor, I get 1163 x 1163 (closer to 1200 x 1200 but still not quite). Can you file this as a bug? Adobe XD: Bugs: Top (846 ideas) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this bug hasn't been resolved yet. It would be nice to be able to choose video preview preferences.

I am currently working on a website design in XD and my artboard is 1920 x 1080. However, when I record a preview, the resolution is 3840 x 2160 (I am using a 4K monitor with a 15" MacBook Pro late 2013 running XD version 31.0.12.23). As a result, the file size is also quite large, while I don't need the additional resolution. I can fix it by exporting it to 1080p in QuickTime, but it would be nice to have the option in XD.

Anyway, this would be a nice extra feature to a great app! I really think it is very intuitive and easy to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines