Highlighted

Recording issues

Advocate ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I press Win+G I get this UI in the center of my screen. When I hit the circle button to record this thing still sits on my screen as the recording process goes. This does not happen on my other W10 CC installment. In the other installment I only get a small recorder UI to the top right of my screen. So what is this all about? I can't record anything basically cause I don't see what I'm doing when this big skyscraper is on my screen all the time. And why is it called Game capturing? First I tough perhaps Windows had a recording device overriding XD but it says Adobe XD on top.

record_XD.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Recording issues

Advocate ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I press Win+G I get this UI in the center of my screen. When I hit the circle button to record this thing still sits on my screen as the recording process goes. This does not happen on my other W10 CC installment. In the other installment I only get a small recorder UI to the top right of my screen. So what is this all about? I can't record anything basically cause I don't see what I'm doing when this big skyscraper is on my screen all the time. And why is it called Game capturing? First I tough perhaps Windows had a recording device overriding XD but it says Adobe XD on top.

record_XD.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 17, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

This looks like the Game Bar window, it records screen and it says Adobe XD on top as it shows the name of the applications which calls for the recording. Could you please try to switch screen from Adobe XD and press Windows + G to check if you are able to record for any other application?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what program I'm in I get the same UI when I press Windows+G. But as mentioned this doesn't happen when I do the same on a different machine on same CC plan, the other installment show a different much more suited small recording UI that is out the way of the actual screen action as described in my first post. So what is what? Does any of these actually come from Adobe? This tall sticky UI is crappy and useless for recording my XD interactions. How do I get the same on both installments? They are both W10 setups.

Is it something in W10 on this machine that messes with the default recording UI within XD or something? Now it doesn't even record. It's just a big mess this sticky huge skyscraper that cannot be moved. Is it Windows or XD that actually makes recording possible within XD? Cause that functionality was introduced as new not very long ago as a XD specific thing. I don't get if the recording is supposed to be from an Adobe specific feature or is it the OS driving it? Nothing changes when I deselect the open the game bar using this button or controller. In the other W10 setup I don't get this issue at all. Can I remove this freakin Xbox mess? Is this what's making it impossible to use what I'm supposed to from XD when recording? What does recording interactions in XD have to do with Windows game recording tool? I don't even game and haven't installed anything in relations to Xbox. When I turn both record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar and open the game bar using this button or controller off I don't get anything at all when I press windows +G. VERY annoying indeed!!

XD record02.png

XD record03.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2019 0