• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renamed character style doesn't show up in the grid view in Adobe XD.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear XD Team,

First of all thanks for the latests updates in November – they are great 🙌

My team often struggles to find the needed character style in the assets panel.  In the 'List View' you can give the fonts certain names; eg: H2 Titles 50/60 px.
List ViewList View

When we switch to the 'Grid View' (which portrays the components larger and thus more useful in that case), then the given name unfortunately disappears and only the font names are visible, which we can do very little with.
Grid ViewGrid View

It would be great to get this issue improved in the near future! 

Below we have provided a possible solution:

character-styles_Grid-View.png

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Serkan Zararsız

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Serkan Zararsız
TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Serkan,

Thank you for reaching out and using Adobe XD. I have checked at my end and when i hover over to the character style in the grid view. It shows the renamed of the character style.

Please see the attached image

Seoge namexd.png

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Harshika, 

Thanks for your reply!
Well, hovering and wating until the a popup appears, slows down the design process. And we have to hover every each box one by one to see what is the renamed title. Furthermore, we think that the renamed title is more important than the font name anyway. For example one of our clients uses the font 'Swiss Intl' – this font has over 10 styles. But in the assets panel still we only see the same font name all over the different styles, this is not very helpful. I compare this also to InDesign, and there this feature works better, looks may be simple, but better.

We really hope that this small but very improving feature could be implemented in the next updates.👌👌👌

Thanks a lot! 👍

Best, 
Serkan

Serkan Zararsız

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines