• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replicate only UI style of Adobe XD

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know that can I replicate the Adobe XD UI in my person business web application (“It’s a teachers, Students, Employers Application, not similar like Adobe XD”).

So I just want to know that can I use Adobe XD design style in my application? I’m also design my self by my code also back end side I do everything, I just like the adobe XD design so thinking to make my application UI style like adobe XD.

So can I? And if not then any step to follow for get permission.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Aahhh... that's something diffrent 🙂

Adobe's UI is grand set of rules and visualisations, all laid down in this documentation:

https://spectrum.adobe.com/

Like with all ideas or works or art, including interfaces, this concept belongs to Adobe.

So although no one can forbid you to use a similar 50% grey button with a label in a certain typography and a 4 pixels rounded corner, using all these details in such a way that users might confuse your implementation as being an genuine Adobe applic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if I get it right, you'd like to embed functional parts (or maybe even just the interface) of Adobe XD into your own application or system, in order to let your users design web and app environments, and generate the specific working code for your system. Is that right ?

If this is what you want, then I think you don't have a chance.

It's like asking: could I have parts of Adobe Premiere in my own tv studio system ? No, you can't. Even if it would be technically possible to let you take separate parts of XD into your own system, then it would still be very difficult for Adobe to legally allow you the proper licenses to do so. Unless you're a huge investor in Adobe, or a very interesting party for them to work with (like Slack, Google, or Dribbble), they won't give any attention to this idea.

It's probably better to look at it the other way around.

You could design template files or kits, just like many others do (from large ones like Apple, Google, and Microsoft to smaller companies). These can guide or facilitate a certain design, to let your users handle or even restrict Adobe XD is such a way that they create files which cater well for your needs and system. Some examples...

Or maybe you can develop a plugin, to create special features, commands, menus, or panels in Adobe XD, to let your users easily or directly hook up to your system. Such a plugin can remain unavailable to the public, so only your users and partners will be supplied with it. There's more information on plugins at Adobe XD Platform.

Hope this helps you to accomplish your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you dear by heart and appriciate about your response.

But i'm talking about a simple thing that the adobe button style, adobe textbox style, adobe layout style can i not apply in my different project.

I'm not copy any code nothing at all, just a impressive UI i want to apply similar fasion in my application.

Basically i was thinking that who have restriction for people mind, people can think any design right, people can think any textbox style, people can think any UI style, so i was thinking and appreciate the adobe XD UI style, textbox style, button style, radio buttion style.

So i just want to know am i don't have permisstion to make application UI (ONLY UI STYLE) in my different domain (BUSINESS DOMAIN) Application?

Also please note:

i am not building application similar like photoshop or desing or anything it's a web application for college students & hospital. I impress by only UI styles by XD. so just thinking to impliment similar XD UI surface style in my college & hospital business application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aahhh... that's something diffrent 🙂

Adobe's UI is grand set of rules and visualisations, all laid down in this documentation:

https://spectrum.adobe.com/

Like with all ideas or works or art, including interfaces, this concept belongs to Adobe.

So although no one can forbid you to use a similar 50% grey button with a label in a certain typography and a 4 pixels rounded corner, using all these details in such a way that users might confuse your implementation as being an genuine Adobe application, can be considered as harmful to Adobe, and is therefore prohibited.

So: just plain mimicking XD would be a risk.

Using design elements as an inspiration to build a whole interface that becomes a new idea and a concept on its own, is a great approach ! We always learn from others and create something new with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood Thanks you so much.But at least my UI looks 80% similar but 20% i made my own idea to decoarate the UI page.

so if adobe know about it in future can be harmfull to me?

let's say if i don't  know about XD and by unfortuantly i made UI like XD so what even adobe can be do in this case.

So the thing is that some few things i would like to copy.

By the way thanks you sooo much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's up to you to decide what to learn from some one else's ideas and what to change or add to make it better and unique for your purpose and users. It's up to Adobe to consider whether your implementation of their ideas goes too far, to inform you of their rights and requests, and to file a legal complaint if necessary. It's up to a judge to eventually decide who's right or wrong, and there's no definite math or rule to that. What counts are parties their intentions and interests, the possibility of public confusion, and its estimated commercial damage.

Apart from that, there are obviously very strict rights to copyrighted materials, like brand nameslogos, illustrations, and certain icons. Stay clear of those !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks you, thanks you so much.

By the way i use my own build icon, own grpaihcs, own color also own branchd name just the layout will be adobe XD similar.

so will think some extra more to impliment and will remember your suggestion to do not replicate same idea about XD. will do some more my own effort into it.

Thanks you. so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines