Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing Icons does not work properly

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Hello together,

I turned responsive resize off, but I can not resize my images properly. When downscaling them, the thickness of the plus icon strokes remains and destroys the icon. (See the attached screenshot, the left one was the original). Shadows seem to make the same problem.

Thanks a lot for every help!

EDIT: When I create a component the effect gets even weirder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I understand right that it is bitmap not vector image? Or it has created in xd? Can you shere original image. thanks.

1. If it is createdin Xd copy and paste it in Ai . resize and paste back into Xd. Do not forget to activate Scale Stroke&Effects in AI before editing 

2. check  responsive resizing is active or not in XD? keep it off before rezsizing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ares,

thanks for your fast reply.

- I created it in Illustrator and the effect is the same if I export it as .svg or .ai and import this to Adobe XD.

- Responsive Resizing is off, thats why the screenshot captures the right panel too.

The file is basically a circle + dropshadow + 2 crossing lines with a few px stroke forming the Plus icon. (as mentioned created in AI)

I hope you or somebody other can help me...that effect causes many problems because I want to use the icon in multiple sizes and it can't be, that I have to use a png version instead to have no problems...that would be pretty poor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480839--scaling-...

That'sit basically. Is it still not fixed or am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share your Ai file for testing. That can be a bug also that need to fixed as some user also struggle from that bug.

Its not good solution but for now  you need to resizing them in Ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines