• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive Resizing Problem: can older files become corrupt and refuse to resize correctly?

Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with responsive resizing not working on my XD wire frames.

If I build an artboard in the current version of Adobe XD, and I go to resize it responsibly, it works as expected. No problem.

My issue is that I am trying to work on boards I create using elements that were created in XD from several releases earlier. Have these elements from the older wire frames become corrupted and therefore are not behaving correctly when I go to resize them?

Sometimes the responsiveness works, but most of the time it does not. Is there any way to erase any former attributes from elements from previous versions so that I don't have to re-create the hundreds of artboards that aren't working correctly when I try resize them?

I am attaching an image of a sample XD file that exhibits the problem. The input box windows on the left are from the problematic file. The box is on the right I created in the current version of XD and they work perfectly well. When I try to resize the older input box, the box just slides over or the type shrinks as I drag left. Its really bizarre.

If anyone has any suggestions about how to fix the old elements so that they responsively resize correctly, please let me know. Ive tried every trick I can think of. Nothing has worked.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tomas,

We're so sorry for the delay in response. We'll need to test this on our end, so will it be possible for you to share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD & OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Will it be possible for you to share a sample file? If yes, please add the file to a shared location and share the link with us.
  4. Will it be possible for you to share a small video of the workflow and what exactly is happening?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines