Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rounded corners: holding ALT stopped working

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Yet a new bug XD has to offer, this time when applying rounded corners. In the old days, when XD was working like a charm, holding ALT and dragging a corner would apply a corner radius only to that corner you were dragging. Not any more. Please Adobe, TEST YOUR APPS? This is such a simple tool you pnly need a few good testers. If I wasn't that busy I would volunteer.
Thank you

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Update : I just updated AdobeXD to the latest version  AdobeXD 40 (Version : 40.0.22.12) and this issue of asymmetric control point by pressing Alt is resolved.

Thank you @HARSHIKA_VERMA  and AdobeXD Team!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristi,

Thanks for reaching out. I tested this on macOS and Windows and it seems to be working, so would you mind sharing a small video of what exactly is happening at your end? We'll try our best to help you with it?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh, it doesn't work.

Expected behavior:

- change all corners' radiuses without holding Alt

- change only one corner's radius while holding Alt

Current behavior:

- change all corners' radiuses witout holding Alt

- change all corners' radiuses while holding Alt

Here is the video. You can see when I'm holding Alt pressed because of highlighted margins

I hope it will be fixed soon, because the latest update to version 39.0.12 broke some hotkeys and made it very inconvenient to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the video. Could you please try "ALT + Space" and then try changing the radius of a corner and share results with us?

We'll try our best to investigate these keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

When I press Alt+Space this menu appears:

monterxz_0-1618421840882.png

Alt+Space is a default Windows hotkey that brings this menu in every app. Before Adobe XD version 39.0.12 just holding Alt alone was changing one particular corner's radius.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. However, once the window pops up, then try dragging the specific corner you want to make round and see if that helps.  I will make sure to share the feedback with the team for further investigation.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When menu pops up it takes away focus from work area. If I try to drag a corner at the first try nothing happens, it just returns focus to a working area. Then at the second try it rounds a corner, but the Alt is stuck pressed even if I'm not holding it and I have to press it again to unstuck it. This is the opposite of how Alt, Shift and Control hotkeys are supposed to work - only while pressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm it doesn't work for me as well, although I personally haven't used that particular 'feature' too much.
It seems weird that the combination would be Alt+Space, as holding space is used for panning around, and as monterxz mentioned, it's the shortcut for opening the top menu 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

alt + space working for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work in Illustrator either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im a windows user, and this bug is really annoying, since rounding corners is the most basic thing and used ALL the time, please hotfix this asap, ty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Asymmetric control point isnt't working by pressing Alt. This worked a day ago even after update. I tried in another blank new file. It's still not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue. I was working in a shared doc. The person I was working with had updated and could not access the doc so I updated and then experienced this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is joke. How something that was working always now is not working? (Win 10 user). Spotted that isse 3 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I would like to know you all that there is already a bug logged for the issue and the team is working on it. You'll definitely see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aw come on, an update to XD was just installed (39.0.12.12) and it's still there! This is basic (and requied) stuff right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long it will take you to fix something that was working in previous versions?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand your concern. The team was able to identify the root cause of the issue and will definitely update the fix in future releases of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, ALT-Shift not working on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update : I just updated AdobeXD to the latest version  AdobeXD 40 (Version : 40.0.22.12) and this issue of asymmetric control point by pressing Alt is resolved.

Thank you @HARSHIKA_VERMA  and AdobeXD Team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines