• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save native XD files as cloud documents

Advisor ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the point with this Cloud documents in XD when the files are just dead on arrival? There's no native XD file format support in CC. When saving the XD document to my CC area all it does is placing the file on a remote server, if you click on it you get to see a static sample of the first artboard in that document. I'm unable to download the file. I'm unable to open it directly in XD. The only thing I'm able to do is to delete it. So what's the point?!

PS: I'm not talking about sharing for collaboration here. I'm talking about storing native XD document on CC as described.

savecloud.PNG

This is how a saved file looks like in Files - Cloud documents. The only option here is to either click it and see the first page of the whole document like static inline graphic and/or to delete it. The purpose and functionality is absent. It's just sitting there described as a XDC file, whatever that is. So what's the purpose?

cloudfile.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about XD document support in Creative Cloud assets. Native XD file isn't support by Creative Cloud assets, however, the functionally which you are looking for are available withing XD.

Please feel free to update this discussion in case your're having trouble while using these features with XD.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your writing "Native XD file isn't support by Creative Cloud assets, however, the functionally which you are looking for are available withing XD." Do you mean the fact that I'm able to open the file as native XD from within XD? I'm referring to the XDC file in the cloud and that no one can actually download files from the storage section. I perceive CC as a cloud service, so when you store a file on a cloud it should be possible to actually download that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines