Highlighted

Scaling in xd

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, is this me not doing something right or it's not a feature yet... Can I scale proportionately in xd.... Trying to resize the sides to get what I want seems to be messing up my work while trying to create a card pop out hover effect. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter_Villevoye | Adobe Community Professional

Just a guess here, but keep in mind that when you're scaling multiple objects together, there's this "Responsive" feature kicking in (see the Inspector on the right), which moves objects among eachother, in stead of scaling them. Again, holding down the Shift key should switch to scaling, proportionally...

Topics

Design, How to, Missing feature, Product performance, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Scaling in xd

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, is this me not doing something right or it's not a feature yet... Can I scale proportionately in xd.... Trying to resize the sides to get what I want seems to be messing up my work while trying to create a card pop out hover effect. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter_Villevoye | Adobe Community Professional

Just a guess here, but keep in mind that when you're scaling multiple objects together, there's this "Responsive" feature kicking in (see the Inspector on the right), which moves objects among eachother, in stead of scaling them. Again, holding down the Shift key should switch to scaling, proportionally...

Topics

Design, How to, Missing feature, Product performance, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/resize-and-rotate-objects.html 

To lock the aspect ratio of objects while resizing, click the lock icon in the Property Inspector. When you do so, the ratio between the width and height of the object is retained on resizing an object.

USE SHIFT for scaling proprtionaly and CTR forscaling from centre. The combination SHIFT+CTRL will scale proportionaly from the centre of object

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't that Center option executed by holding the Alt/Option in stead of Ctrl ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines