• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll based animation

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if anyone can help. I am in the process of learning XD and i have designed a new website which has full bleed images mid way down the homepage. The idea is that these images start at 95% size and as you scroll down they fill the viewport, and as you keep scrolling the text and link appears. Effectively meaning you have three states in the animation (see image).

Scroll Animation.png

Is there a way for me to be able to do this as you scroll down? Especially that the image doesn't start at the top of the artboard?

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Hi there,

We are sorry for the disappointment. As rightly said by Spas K, the functionality isn't available as of now. However, I have seen the similar request raised here:https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/36023266-timed-animations-triggered-while-scrolling

I would request you to please cast your vote and submit your feedback.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's currently no scroll trigger for animations/transitions, so you can't achieve that.

You can preview how it would look with auto-animate and a click or drag trigger between the 3 artboards, showing the transition, but you can't make it exactly the way it should work on the live website with Xd's current feature set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks i can't believe scroll based animation isn't supported. As its mostly how you expect websites to work, once built. Will just have to fake it on click for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We are sorry for the disappointment. As rightly said by Spas K, the functionality isn't available as of now. However, I have seen the similar request raised here:https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/36023266-timed-ani...

I would request you to please cast your vote and submit your feedback.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines