• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll to a specific position on an Artboard

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am prototyping a chat interface with new text added at the bottom. I am doing this using new artboards to show the conversation flow. I need the ability to scroll down on transition to the bottom most post. It falls below the existing point, so I can't just maintain scroll position. Is there a way to scroll to an anchor point, or position the content at the bottom of the artboard with the ability to scroll up (can't lose past messages)? I see some very old feature requests around anchors (2016), but no indication of whether the feature was implemented or a workaround offered.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am new to XD, it seems to be a great tool but this limitation is blocking me at this point. Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Thank you for using Adobe XD, and for your question. Please upvote this feature request Scroll to Anchor Link Target – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs​ to stay tuned to the latest announcements around its development.

Let us know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. The Feature request is completed and the feature is available. Please see this video tutorial on how to use the feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpfKVTkPbgg

Here is the post link that describes the feature: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-28-3-is-live-now/m-p/10979271?page=1.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for using Adobe XD, and for your question. Please upvote this feature request Scroll to Anchor Link Target – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs​ to stay tuned to the latest announcements around its development.

Let us know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need this feature ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And we still need it... how should i be able to show the client how his page works ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is truly baffling to me that this feature does not exist from day one of launching a prototyping product.

February 2020 and we're still waiting.. Literally driving your customers to the competition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may sound confronting, but I guess this is not something which is high on the developer's priority list. It seems obvious to have this feature implemented (after all, it's a very basic HTML feature), but it opens a can of worms to get it working correctly in conjunction with all the other design features.

Keep in mind: Adobe XD is not a browser !

You're creating sheer mockups of interactions – not a real website or app.

The best way to fake it, is to mimic the scrolling behavior by creating two almost identical artboards as the starting and end points, with the only diffreence of having all content in a normal and moved up position. Then use Auto-animate to create the (preset) illustion of a scrolling to a certain spot when the trigger is tapped. And mimic a Back or proceeding behavior in a similar way.

Of course I won't be unhappy when Adobe XD would offer an anchor-like feature, but I already have an inkling of the problems and next requests right after such an implementation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. The Feature request is completed and the feature is available. Please see this video tutorial on how to use the feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpfKVTkPbgg

Here is the post link that describes the feature: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-28-3-is-live-now/m-p/10979271?page=1.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to link inside one artboard?

Im new to Xd and I'm very impressed by its simplicity! but I'm now searching for hours now, finding one pager solution where I could scroll down or use the menu to go to the points below!

thx for your Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! now I'm sure, I am not to stupid to find the answer...

is there a workaround in the meantime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use separate artbords for "Hover", "Down" "Up" states to mimic The Overlay and Animation features can be helpful also

Create an interactive overlay |

Create an interactive overlay |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a prototype, how to make link to a selected element in the target screen = how to simulate link to an #anchor inside the page? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is the feature you are looking for Scroll to Anchor Link Target – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Vote for this feature to help the team prioritize it.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines