• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll to layer within a scroll group?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I have a map within a scroll group (horizontal + vertical one). Is it possible to create a button to have a "scroll to" action to a layer within the scroll group? I want the user to be able to scroll around the map but go to a specific point by clicking an omnipresent button on the bottom of the app. 

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Hi Eugene. Unfortunately, you can't use the "Scroll To" action with elements within a scroll group.

I see there's a user voice request about that, which you can upvote, and hopefully it will get implemented at some point in the future: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/41054989--scroll-to-anchor-inside-scroll-group

You can still simulate that behavior using component states. Here's an idea on how to do it:

1. Mask your map with a rectangle (which

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugene. Unfortunately, you can't use the "Scroll To" action with elements within a scroll group.

I see there's a user voice request about that, which you can upvote, and hopefully it will get implemented at some point in the future: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/41054989--scroll-t...

You can still simulate that behavior using component states. Here's an idea on how to do it:

1. Mask your map with a rectangle (which is now your scroll group).

2. Turn that along with your button into a component.

3. Make a second state and drag your map within the mask to where you want it to go.

4. Add an interaction to the button that points to the second state of the component.

If your button is far from the map and there are other interactable elements between them, you should do that with two artboards instead.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the prompt reply! I had hoped to be able to allow the jump between multiple different art boards but this will have to do in the meantime. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines