Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching for Layers causes XD to freeze - MacOs Catalina

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I attempt to search in XD, I can type about 5 characters before I get the Mac balloon and my XD application freezes. It doesn't crash but I have to kill it and restart.

Using MacOS Catalina 10.15.1 on a 2018 MacBook Pro.

Please assist!

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tylery28,

I am sorry about this experience and thanks for sharing the OS details. We'd love to help you with this, however, we'd need some more information. 

Please share the following details: - 

• The file size that you are working with.
  • Approx. number of atboards.
  • Approx. number of Layers.
  • Were you trying to search in layers panel or in assets panel? 
  • Is it happening with all the file or with a specific one, please create new file in XD 24.1.22 and check if it is still happening.
  • Would it be possible for you to share the file with which you're having trouble?

I know these are a lot of questions, please share the detail as per your convenient time. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Atul_Saini,

Thank you for following up on this issue.

Document size: 150MB

Artboards: approximately 150 artboards.

Layers: my guess is 100s of layers each. 

Search: I am searching in the layers panel for a component that is shared by almost all of the artboards.

I tried creating a new document and carrying over my old content which resulted in half my artboard pasting outside the canvas....a new issue.

Unfortunately, due to the sensitive nature of this client project, I cannot share the document.

Please let me know what next steps you need from me.

Thank you,

Tyler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Tyler-

If you can't share the document, sharing a spindump would be super helpful. Get the document into this state, then go to the Activity Monitor, select Adobe XD, and click on the gear icon at the top. It'll say something like "Spindump," and it'll generate a document that we can use to help triage. (Please note - I'm not on Catalina yet, so the instructions may vary - this is just what I see on my macOS 10.13 system 😸.) You'll need to upload this to a file share system and send us a message with the link, but once that happens, we can dig into this.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Confirmation that I received the spindump, and a bug has been filed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines