Highlighted

Select external mic for narration

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Can I select an input sound (for example, an external mic) when I record a narration in Adobe XD? I selected an external mic as default input sound in the system preferences (mac) but when I record the narration, XD uses the default or internal mic.

Marlon Ceballos.
TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Select external mic for narration

Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Can I select an input sound (for example, an external mic) when I record a narration in Adobe XD? I selected an external mic as default input sound in the system preferences (mac) but when I record the narration, XD uses the default or internal mic.

Marlon Ceballos.
TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2019 0
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your should be able to... have you tried changing the mic settings in the system preferences first, and testing with another application to be ensure your computer is indeed recognizing the secondary mic?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2019 3
Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Anissa. Others Apps like Premier and ScreenFlow allows to me select the input sound and works fine. Others Apps simply works with the selected System input audio. Adobe XD works with the default internal Mic and doesn't have an option for select a different input. I'm working with a MacBook Pro. The OS and XD are updated to latest version.
Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marliton,

Sorry that you're unable to use external mic. I agree with Anissa_thompson here. I tried to replicate it at my end, my external mic was working perfectly fine. Would you mind sharing which mic are you trying to use? It would be great if you could share the screenshot of Audio input settings along with the OS version and version of XD.  

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2019 2
marliton LATEST
Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The OS and XD are updated to latest version. MacOs 10.14.6 (18G95) and XD 23.3.12.2. I'm working with a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016).

I'm using an AKG mic (ref C520L) connected with a Blue Icicle audio interface.

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2019 0