• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send Backward/Bring Forward Buttons not working

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a wireframe and am having an issue with bringing some text in front of a bubble on a card. It worked on one card on the same screen, but I can't get the text to be in front on the other cards. I'm a beginner with XD and cannot figure out why this issue is occurring. In general using XD I've noticed that the Send Backward/Bring Forward buttons are not reliable most of the time. I usally have to make it work with Bring to Front or Send to Back, but in this case, even those buttons aren't working.Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.19.07 PM.png

TOPICS
Design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Had this problem today and found a fix. I couldn't sucessfully bring text to front nor forward, and sending other objects to back did not solve it. I noticed that when I selected the Text icon, it changed my whole layers view, not showing any recent layers I had created. So I (1) clicked back on my artboard onto something I had recently created to get it to show again in my layers view. Then I (2) duplicated a text field from one of those new layers that hadn't been showing up when I tried to ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share yout file? If not try to use layers for arranging by dragging layers. Configuration of layers can help you to understand the stack of your object and drag to correct position. I am not shure but may be you have clipping masks or some complex master components

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded this template from UpLabs. https://www.uplabs.com/posts/data-analytics-health-report-statistics-mobile-app-design 

So the original designer might have put layers in, but I'm not sure how to check for those or clipping masks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange I am having the same issue .. send backward not working only send back working .. 

If I have more than 2 layers and when I try to play with send backward option its not changing anything .. 

seems like a bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this problem today and found a fix. I couldn't sucessfully bring text to front nor forward, and sending other objects to back did not solve it. I noticed that when I selected the Text icon, it changed my whole layers view, not showing any recent layers I had created. So I (1) clicked back on my artboard onto something I had recently created to get it to show again in my layers view. Then I (2) duplicated a text field from one of those new layers that hadn't been showing up when I tried to add new text - I did this in the layers view. I then (3) dragged it out of the group it had been in, to the top of my layers view. Then, I (4) clicked the new text on the artboard and hit bring to front, and it worked - it now shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this happen and I put the offending objects in a mask. I was then able to send the masked "group" to the back with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! this actually worked for me too. So this is common bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this problem also but only with 3D transformed objects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same Here, But here's how I resolved. 
1) I Exported the 3D transformed compenent to a SVG file
2) I then copy pasted the SVG file back to the artboard. And now I was able to send back/forward the component.
NOTE: Take a back up/duplicate of the 3D transformed object out side the artboard. So that incase you need to make any changes to the source object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines