• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SF Pro Display does not display correctly on the XD iOS app

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be an old issue - I have seen posts from a year back on this. As the subject says, the SF Pro Display font does not display correctly on the XD iOS app. It gets stretched. It is a major problem for designers, since they have to put paddings and margins differently in the actual artboard so as to see the intended look on the preview on the app, but then the developers code HTML and CSS to match what is on the artboard.

I have seen posts by Adobe employees on previous threads that this is being looked into. I would like to request them to expedite it if possible, and also post an expected date by when this will be fixed. Each day using XD is a problem for us since we use SF Pro Display for all our screens.

I would also greatly appreciate suggestions from anyone on any roundabout way to bypass this issue. Thank you!

TOPICS
Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue others have pointed out many times in the past:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/font-issues-with-roboto-and-sf-pro-display/m-p/11066462

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/bug-with-font-sf-pro-display-when-previewed-on-the-adobe-xd-...

including me 6 months back:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/screen-appearing-differently-in-xd-the-software-and-in-the-x...

I also chatted with Adobe XD live support on this website, but they weren't able to help either (they got me to uninstall and reinstall XD on all my devices and reboot the devices, but that did not solve the problem).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any update? Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if any of the experts here has any suggestions... Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone from Adobe going to reply to this thread? Seems like at least an acknowledgement would help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. It looks like you're experiencing the similar issue mentioned here:  Solved: Roboto font from Google has different heights on M... - Adobe Support Community - 11734620  

If yes, then after a long investigation on this issue and trying all the aspects to fix it. The team identified that the font engines on the 2 platforms return different values for this font, which won't be fixed until we use the same engine on both platforms. There is something related to this going on in the backend, but until then, there is nothing that team can do to fix it.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different issue. SFPro doesn't load in the xd App in iOS. since SFPro is native in the app there should be no issue when it is used in xD, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @wheelyweb dot gov ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I found this discussion on the Apple developer forum referring to a similar issue which you can refer to. Let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. In the SF Symbols app, select a symbol by clicking it and then copy the symbol (Command-C).
  2. Switch to Adobe XD and paste the symbol (Command-V).
  3. Change the symbol text from Area Text to Point Text.
  4. Change the font from Helvetica Neue to a San Francisco font.

Hope You Find This Useful,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines