Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shapes loose their ability to adjust border radius

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

  On my â€ƒscreenshots the small white rectangle is a freshly created shape, it has the ability to adjust coner/border radius. The background blue shapes I made previously and at some point they lost the option to change the border radius. Why? Can I redo this? I met this issue in the past 2 years several times and I still have no clue what causes it and it is really annoying as I constantly have to re-create shapes in my xd documents because of this. Also the bottom shape has lost it.
I am working on Mac OS

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 13.42.56.png

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 13.43.00.png

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 13.43.17.png

TOPICS
Design , How to , Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to test this on our end, so will it be possible for you to share the file with us? If yes, please add the file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link with us through DM by clicking on my name. We'll also need the version of XD, we'll try our best to help you with this.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your Rectangles got converted to Paths. The shortcut to convert a shape to a Path is by double-clicking on it, so I suspect that's what happened by accident. Unfortunately, there's no way to convert them back, so you'll have to delete and recreate them.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you, now that make sense, I will suggest a feature to undo this if someone hasn't done it already.
Building a wireframe should be as convenient as the UX that we are planning to design in it, but I found that xd's UX is lacking a lot of convenient features that would make the designer's work much faster and easier.

Now I know to pay attention to this glitch I had been doing in almost all of my files. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you notice a Rectangle being converted to a Path before any edits are made, you can press Esc or deselect shape, and it will automatically be converted back to a Rectangle.

"Convert Path to Rectangle" might be a useful Extension if any Extension Developers are looking for ideas for new Extensions.

Regards,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is also very helpful, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines