Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share artboard in a prototype

New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have an XD file of 53 artboards and links that connect them in order to demo it. Now, I want to share only one artoboard to get the specs for the development without the devs having to search in all the artboards.

Is it possible to create a direct link to an artboard which is in a prototype (flow)?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Each page you open up in the web prototype has a unique link in the address bar, so you can copy that and give to a dev, without making them search for it in grid view.

If you want to generate a new unique link for only that artboard in Xd, you have to first duplicate it and remove all its links to other artboards. Then you have to select the artboard and click on the little share icon that pops above its name while in the Design tab:

image.png

This creates a separate flow, containing only this art

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You can create multiple flows while sharing in XD, to try that, please try the suggestions shared here: https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/learn/collaborate/stakeholder-review/creating-sharing-multiple-flo...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each page you open up in the web prototype has a unique link in the address bar, so you can copy that and give to a dev, without making them search for it in grid view.

If you want to generate a new unique link for only that artboard in Xd, you have to first duplicate it and remove all its links to other artboards. Then you have to select the artboard and click on the little share icon that pops above its name while in the Design tab:

image.png

This creates a separate flow, containing only this artboard, which you can generate links for.

The reason I'm telling you to duplicate it and strip the links is because if you don't, and it's linked to other artboards, they will be included in that second flow, and their links will all be messed up, which you don't want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. It's a solution. I would prefer to have a link with only the artboard, but I don't want to duplicate everything or loose all the flow. So, I will go with the URL way.

Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines