Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share] -Cannot preview on device - Adobe app on iPhone keeps crashing

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As titled.

Connected the iphone to my macbook pro using an Apple adaptor. Didn't have issues previewing on device 2 months ago with the exact same setup.

Once I unlocked the phone, open the Adobe app on the phone > tap on 'Live Preview', it took ages to load. Then the app will shut down and I just get this black blank screen before the phone goes back to the screen where you see all your apps.  When I get to the screen where I can view all the apps I have currently opened in the background, Adobe XD is there showing one of my artboards. But whenever I click on it, the app doesn't open. Then, black screen before the screen with all the apps.

I have tried uninstalling the app on my phone and reinstalling. Still no luck.

Anyone got this problem and managed to sort it out?

{Renamed By MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

No Problem. If you're unable to share the file. You can get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html for 1:1 assistance and someone from the team will assist you directly.

If you find any trouble in connecting with them. Please let us know we will escalate your concern to the team.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. Do you have the current version installed on both the device? For macOS, it would be 28.4.
  2. Is it happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. If it is happening with a specific file, will it be possible for you to share the file with us?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

1. Yes, currently on v28.4.12.3 on macbook pro, and version 28.0 on iPhone.
  2. So sorry - this is first prototype I'm creating on Adobe XD. (amateur designer here!) So I only got this file. I did create a few test files with up to 5 artboards and they showed up fine on the iPhone app. I also duplicated my prototype file, deleted majority of the artboards, and so far, found that the file will load on the iPhone will with 307 artboards. But in reality, cutting back the prototype to just a few hundred artboards while showcasing the potential of the prototype is just impossible.
  3. Apologies again - would you be able to let me know how to share the file over? Also, my client had expressed concerns of confidentiality/ idea being stolen. Does he need to be concerned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the additional details. If the file is confidential, I won't recommend sharing it publicly. We do have an option to share the file through Private message, you can click on my name and send a direct message to me only if you are comfortable. As per the information shared by you it looks to me it could be a file specific issue and there could be a corrupt artboard that might cause this and we will need to isolate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thanks for getting back to me.

My client is still hesitant to give me the go-ahead to send over the file. So for now, to hopefully move forward and as per your comment, is to isolate the artboad(s) myself.

I don't suppose there is an easier, less time-consuming ways to figure out which artboard(s)? I have close to 1,000 artboards...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No Problem. If you're unable to share the file. You can get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html for 1:1 assistance and someone from the team will assist you directly.

If you find any trouble in connecting with them. Please let us know we will escalate your concern to the team.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines