Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for Development - Error only on big project

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There.

Just wanted to let you know something I am experiencing. I'm working on a project with roughly 80 artboards. Obviously some are very similar to give specific click through examples of the app I'm designing. While trying to "create a link" for "Share for Development" I am getting the following error code:

"Something Went Wrong."

(Error 44:23)

Here are some things that might be helpful:

1. I've read the suggested issues when searching this error code

2. I am able to create link / publish as "Share for Review" just fine

3. I am able to create link / publish as "Share for Development" when "includ assets for download" is turned off

4. Number of included assets are 1,164 - mostly vectors

5. I am on a very fast internet connection // 900+ mbps up and 900+ mbps down

6. My adobe XD has been updated to the latest possible version

7. My computer is an iMac Pro / 8 core xeon / 43 mb ram

8. My adobe XD file is in the CC cloud - and all styles and components are referenced from another XD file that resides in the XD cloud.

I'd bet your concern would be the number of my assets. Perhaps what I am missing is a way to reduce the number of exported assets. If there is an article you could point me to that would be helpful. I did not specifically opt to export my assets, so I'm not sure why there are so many.

Thank you for your help.

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

OK just letting you know that I've been able to resolve this issue. For what it's worth, here's where I made the mistake in case someone else has a similar issue...

In creating my separate style document, with text and component assets, I had many of them selected as "mark for export." Then, if I used those components in my working document, without realizing it, they were all marked for export (because they were marked as such in the style document. In my case, some of the assets were repeated h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps and posting it here. If I heard you right, you're trying to reduce the number of export assets from your document. In order to reduce the number of exported assets from your file. I would suggest un-marking the assets for export as shown in the screenshot below.

Steps:

• Select the asset you don't want to export
  • Unmark the "Mark for Export icon".

Please try that and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Harshika for the quick reply.

So, I've done some investigating further. I think I have figured out what's going on. Let me ask you this.... If I am using a library file for all of my components, and those components in that library are each marked for export... will the working document (that is connected to the library file) inherit the "marked for export" state? It seems like that is the case.

Let me know. I will continue to investigate here on my end. It may be a simple mistake on my part, but all of my files in the master document are marked for export, even though they are not specifically marked for export in my working document.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK just letting you know that I've been able to resolve this issue. For what it's worth, here's where I made the mistake in case someone else has a similar issue...

In creating my separate style document, with text and component assets, I had many of them selected as "mark for export." Then, if I used those components in my working document, without realizing it, they were all marked for export (because they were marked as such in the style document. In my case, some of the assets were repeated hundreds of times and that ended up causing a problem. I've not hunted all of these down and turned off "mark for export" and the document now shares to development.

Thank you again for your quick response.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am glad you're back on track, Chris. We really appreciate your investigation and time spent to fix it and thank you for sharing the solution here that worked for you. This will definitely help our users to fix a similar issue.

Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines