• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for Development requires interactions between artboards to publish a developer link

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD's biggest flaw by far is it's insane requirement to either prototype every single artboard, or don't touch the feature at all, in order to successfully get ALL artboards in the XD document to populate in the developer link/mode.

I've spent hours within the past year dealing with this flaw. You want to use the prototyping features to make client presentation a breeze, only to discover that most of your artboards/designs aren't available to you developer when you've created a link for them to pull assets and information from, or, you're unable to create the developer link what so ever.

The development link is EVERYTHING. It should export EVERYTHING regardless of wires/animations/prototyping in the XD application. I shouldn't have to be worried when I send my developer the link whether or not everything I've done will be present. ARTBOARDS people, artboards.

This is my path:
Share > Share for Development > Update/New Link > Error Message

Error Message: The artboard "Desktop - Home" contains no interactions. Please add interactions or choose a new home artboard.

Switching the "home artboard" doesn't fix the error either.

This is a huge oversight that I've discovered as an issue from Day 1 using XD. My workaround has been to select all of my artboards and copy them (while in Design Mode NOT Prototype Mode - another topic of discussion for another time) and create a new document to place them into. BUT if you're not slick and using the CC feature, your colors, character styles and components (things that you've worked hard to build and organize for your developer) are now GONZO.

Why in the world would you only want to export the artboards that you've prototyped. Most of the time I don't need to do any prorotyping, maybe to show one interaction to my developer. But this flaw has upset me to the point of posting on here, hopefully getting through to the people in charge of XD user flows/habits! Pleaaaaase don't make me go back to Sketch.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comments and suggestion for improving Adobe XD workflow. Please add your comments and new features that you want to see in Adone XD to: https://adobexd.uservoice.com. This will help Adobe Xd team to track your ideas,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

5 months later and you've still not fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree here totally, and can not stop wondering who and more importantly why had such a briliant idea... This is beyond ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines