• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for review - single artboard only?

Advisor ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I share a file for review (Share - Share for review) only one artboard is visible at the time when entering the link generated by the CC system. Then one has to toggle trough with the pagination links to see the next one etc. Is this how it's supposed to work? Gets very hard to get a complete overview of the whole project if there's no page showing all the artboards in that shared document.

When sharing for development (Design specs) you get a birds perspective and that is how it should be when sharing for review as well in my mind.

PS: The file shared for review is labeled DESIGN SPECS in the list of published files in my CC work area. That is obviously a bug? Shouldn't it be labelled something like Review file or something like that? Seems odd be sharing same text labels as my published design specs files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi perrybrus​,

I hope you're enjoying Xd as much as I am. Your concern is completely valid and I feel there should be an option to view the screens at a glance in review mode as well. However, in the case of a review, the client wants to look at the flow of the UI from one screen to the other ( I could be wrong, that's just a hypothesis ). I'd suggest creating some invisible ghost buttons to easily navigate ( or use the left right keys simply ) to navigate without clicking the pagination links.

For your other concern,  you can easily change names during the review share process in the Xd app. The file will show the name that you give to it on your computer. I do however agree, Xd should give it a suffix like (1) to make sure there is no duplicity involved.

Hope this helped a little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a difference between a review share and an active prototype. When sharing for review it's crucial to see the whole setup with all the artboards in the projects. That is actually why I share my files that way, it's not for sharing with other designers but sharing with non designers like stakeholders. In other cases I share for development and/or for demonstration. If the latter is the case I don't use CC but InVision as InVision solves prototypes in a better manner.

I think you misunderstood the last concern in my post. The text label I'm referring to is whats generated as a UI text label by Adobe. It's  not the filename. When I share for review the UI text label in the name list in the published section in the work area is DESIGN SPECS. That is obviously not correct. If anything the text label should be REVIEW.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it would be a good feature to be able to export a pristine PDF with the overview of all artboards on your canvas shown together in one single glance. There's also a feature request for that at UserVoice, but it doesn't have many votes, yet...

In the meantime, for sharing a complete overview of all the screens (and not so much the interactive flow or navigation), you could try creating a screenshot. I know, it's a very pragmatic and lo-fi approach, but it works to some extent 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should it be exported to a local PDF when the overview is already developed in design specs? Adobe could implement that view in every aspects of the sharing system. So sharing for review also could get the same index but without the specs when they enter the review link they received. You could still have a paginated concept in addition to the full index containing every artboard. Point is to avoid sending static images and files all over the place, that kinda takes away the whole point of sharing a common link leading to the project. But when your not able to connect the dots or get the birds perspective of things its kinda cumbersome to use for anyone really. I counter this issue daily as I design and share to different environments of stakeholders. They all want to see a page with the artboards (or screens as they call it) represented on same page so they can select what design to review, instead of having to click endlessly trough 78 different art boards without having a clue what's next expect from file number this or that. They should have the same opportunity to return to all screens like you have with design specs. Or even better, an inline representation of all the artboards as thumbnails or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right – and such a simple feature shouldn't be too difficult to develop and implement. But maybe they have bigger ideas for it, because if they create such a feature, then the next question would be: "Why not let reviewers scribble on it, or edit elements, or hey, why not work together on it !" So maybe the team is already anticipating and solving a larger feature request ? Who knows...

BTW, isn't there a plugin doing it ? Haven't looked for a while !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines