• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to change the owner of an XD document?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't create a shareable link unless you are the owner of the document.
I hope designers invited to the document can also create shared links.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Missing feature , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to what Shwetha has said, we have seen a similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38308750-change-owner-of-cloud-document If this is the same functionality you are looking for, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

I can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet! My team has had issues with this, and now it has become vital. We cannot create a new link, as the team member who created the file is gone. We cannot create a new link because of where the link is posted, but we REALLY need to update it or even remove the file altogther. I can't believe that even admins can't go in and delete cloud files. This is absurd. - you're making it really easy to for us to want to move over to figma (especially now that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi seohyeon2,

Thank you for using Adobe XD. 

Yes. Currently XD allows only owners to create links. However, your request does look interesting. Can you please file this on UserVoice? That's where our feature requests go.

https://adobexd.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to what Shwetha has said, we have seen a similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38308750-change-ow... If this is the same functionality you are looking for, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can see this was initially raised back in 2017 and was added as a feature request in November 2019.

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/31015357-allow-mul...

For me and my team's workflow, this is such a pain right now that it almost makes it unusable for how we collaborate on the files. As the manager of the team, I may have one team member start the file and do the initial concept then move them on to something else or even another project completely. So now I either have to request that they come off what they are doing, find the file and export a link or we have to download the file locally and start a new version with a new owner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the owner of the file is on long term annual leave and an updated link is required to be shared - having to save the file to your local machine seems pretty old school when we're being encouraged to work collaboratively on the cloud.

Users with editable access should also be able to generate or update links - as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chrishenham_HE ,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the feedback. I am afraid, we don't have a time frame by when this would be available however let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!! Please prioritize transferring or sharing permissions to update already generated links to view files in a browser. !!

Not having this capability is totally impractical and a real pain point for designers, developers, prioject teams, project managers, and executives. EVERYONE!!!! Please fix this asap.

No transfer/reassignment of file admin/ownership permissions poses problems when a person leaves the company. I am working for a large corporation where the previous creator and owner of a mission critical XD file left the company. I took over the UX design aspects of the project but cannot update any of the previous employees XD file links that have been shared throughout the entire company downstream/upstream and with contracted dev services. I cannot just create a copy of a file and generate a new link when the old original link exists in multuple locations and some unknown... I cannot access these and change out the link to a new one.
Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 11.14.40 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were added as a person who could edit, you could save the file to your desktop then resave to Your cloud. With my team we always add a few people to share the file and edit. It works great that way. But the problem we are having is that if the owner of the file leaves on vacation, the rest of the team cannot SHARE the preview link out in order to get the feedback comments. If anyone knows how to do that, we would appreciate that knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Absurd this isn't possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet! My team has had issues with this, and now it has become vital. We cannot create a new link, as the team member who created the file is gone. We cannot create a new link because of where the link is posted, but we REALLY need to update it or even remove the file altogther. I can't believe that even admins can't go in and delete cloud files. This is absurd. - you're making it really easy to for us to want to move over to figma (especially now that Adobe pulled out of the deal).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines