• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share]-How to share all artboards in XD with no interaction?

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i try to share the project, 2 screens are not sharing ..

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Advisor , Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

All artboards (Screens) must be connected to the home artboard before you share. All the artboards grey in color in the share tab won't be shared. Check the following link for more information. - https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/help/share-designs-prototypes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing the information asked by Italo. "The Artboards needs to be connected"means you need to make sure that in Prototype mode all the artboards are connected with each other as well as with home artboard. 

If you have nothing connected in Prototype mode, then you need to make sure that you haven't made any artboard as home artboard to share all the artboards.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Hi,

I see your point here about being able to publish all artboards. Given that there is a home artboard already set on canvas, and there is no direct way of removing it, you are unable to publish all screens. We understand that this can be annoying.  

Please note that we are going to provide the ability to set and unset of a Home artboard in Prototype mode soon. Apart from that, we are also thinking about providing a way to publish all artboards from Share mode, irrespective of whether you have w

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still isn't fixed. I just tried wiring each of my 5 boards together to the 'Home' artboard... however, it's still only preventing me from sharing any artboard other than the one that I've set as the Home artboard. There's no way to toggle OFF the Home artboard, so once you set it, you must leave it set to Home, or select one of the other boards as Home. I even tried creating new artboards in the same project, and copying and pasting all my assets from each original artboard to the new ones, then deleted all the original artboards, thinking that this would surely remove the original artboard that I had set as the 'Home' board. But instead of clearing the Home flag setting, it automatically set one of my new artboards as the Home board. That makes no sense.

The only workaround I've been able to find so far is to create an entirely new project, with new artboards, and then copy/paste all assets from each artboard of my original project into the new project. Lucky for me, I only have 6 boards in this project. This is obviously not a reasonable solution, even temporarily, for projects that have dozens of artboards. The proper fix for this is to allow either the 'Home' to be toggled on/off, and if no artboard has been set to Home and no artboards are selected in the Prototype screen, then ALL artboards are shared. Or, share only the specific artboards that have been selected in Prototype screen. regardless of whether or not the boards have been wired together or any board has been set to Home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A staff member replied in this thread that "the select/deslect of home art-board will be seen in upcoming releases".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same issue as everyone else, I try to share my XD file with developers or viewers and there are some screens that are greyed out and won't appear in the shared link or for the developers to use. AND I HAVE tried the solution you mentioned, which is link all artboards to the home, but STILL the problem occurs. and this is highly frustrating, I have a deadline - PLEASE tell me what to do so I can fix this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rawan,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. If you have a home artboard, could you please unset the home artboard and then check if the link has all the artboards.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried unsetting and setting the home page again as you mentioned and it is still not working. I have all artboards connected to the homepage and still not working, I have 40 screens on there and I have had files with over 70 screens in the past and all was fine when shared, but something with the new update messed things up. I don't know what other information I can give you to help me fix this, I have clients waiting  and I have cancelled my Zeplin subsription so that I can use Adobe Xd share, but seems like that was a mistake. Please tell me what to do to fix this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to tackle anomalies without being able to handle or even view the file. Makes it too much like a riddle to solve, in stead of a question which can be answered specifically and effectively. I'm very willing to believe that there's something else or still wrong in your situation, but if the obvious doesn't work, then we really need more clues to investigate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know what information you need about my files and I will share it so you can help me out please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file itself seems the most obvious to me. If the file is already cloud-based, then you can share it with me by inviting, or you can ZIP the lot and send it to me via WeTransfer, DropBox, CC Files, or any other service. My email and Adobe ID is peter@studea.nl.

Also mention the preview or development URLs (in an email or personal message) you have shared so far with others, of which certain artboards are missing ! So I can verify what's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, I will invite you shortly to take a look at my XD file through Cloud, Dolphin web screens, please let me know what's wrong and how I can fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Racha, I received your invite and took a look at the sharing of artboards.

And fortunately, it's quite easy and obvious: the dimmed screens only have outgoing connections, and no incoming ones. So there's no link accessing these pages, regarded from your currenlty set Home artboard.

No one wants to play with them ! šŸ˜‰

So unless you connect to them, you can only Export them (or their assets), but there's no Preview available.

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-03 om 18.27.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the homepage should link to all pages? But I have tons of inner pages that are not necessarily accessed through the homepage, that's so inconvenient. Is Adobe working on a solution to bring it back to how it used to be before?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh no no ! Sorry for not being overly clear on that: not directly, of course. But following any route from the currently set Home page, these pages are still not accessed by any incoming links. Hope that's clear enough ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In other words: I only see outgoing ends of the threads ā€“ no incoming arrows.

The green dot indicates an incoming connection.The green dot indicates an incoming connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is, thank you for your time, I'll work with that for now, but I still think the older versions were better 

Thank you for you help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with a project - When trying to share the file for review or for dev, the share function doesn't include all of the artboards but all of the artboards are wired and connected to the home page and I can't figure it out! This is the first time I'm having the problem and I have no idea how to fix it. Can anyone advise? (Image attached.)

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try unsettling the home page and check if you are able to publish all artboards. In case if that doesn't work, please share the following details:

1. The version of Adobe XD.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this doesn't solve the issue? If you don't want everything linked (ongoing work or screens that don't have buttons made to link from yet) but a developer is working on them, how do they get to the screens to download assets etc without removing the protoype links.
If you're only showing a short flow to a client but have the other screens for developers, they all need to be accessible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the new version of XD and now when I share my old file ALL the artboard is being shared... I don't even know where to start... How do I get it back to only share what was being linked in the prototype? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind checking if you have made any home artboard in the design? In order to share only the linked artboard you need to make sure that one artboard is the home artboard.

Let us know if that works.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way this works is horrible. However, this is how it works...

Within your file you may have  2 versions of (for example) your website. Mobile and Desktop. You obviously prototype each indevidually. You CANT share them via one link:

Flow 1 (Mobile) gets it's own link to share.
Flow 2 (Dekstop) gets it's own link to share.

I really wish you could share multiple flows with just one link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I it odd that a siple function for sharing all artboard does not exsist, it takes forever to link all pages just to share them, or simple select All and share , I have 50 pages each time u need to zoom in and out to find and link pages - this is not best parctice in my opinion  and it take alot of time and energy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines