• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share]- Possible to share Assets with other designers

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! We have a designer that moved on and left us with a nice XD "Master Style Guide" file that has all the Assets in the Assets panel on the left.
How do we share this file with others so that they can use the same items? (We have access to the account.)
Our hope is that when creating a new XD file for this project, the other designers can load the assets from the "Master Style Guide". The Master is in the Cloud, we have invited the other designers to the file, they can open it but are unable to start a new file and import the assets (using the + at the top right of the Assets panel). 
Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

We would like to keep it with the one file and not have everyone with a new copy (unlinked) of the Master.

{I found solution and posted it below}

{Renamed By MOD}
TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

I found what was causing the issue. The "master" file keeps losing it's "sync".

If the owner of the "master" goes to the gear icon in CC Desktop and selects "Syncing" then pauses the syncing and restarts it, the files other developers have created will then start seeing the changes to the Assets. We are having the lead designer that owns the file do this stop/start resync weekly or sooner if the sync stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We do have an option to create and share reusable assets and also you can link assets from the master source. For more information on that you can refer to this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/linked-assets.html

If you are still unable to link the assets, I'd request if you can try creating a new file, copy all the contents and then invite everyone to that file and see if that works.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried creating a new file but the problem with that is that the files already created using assets from the "old" file don't recognize the assets from the new file as the same ones because I'm sure they have different IDs in the code background. We don't want our designers to have to take the amount of time needed to link everything to the new document assets only to have it fail again.

I did find a solution and posted it below. The issue is that the "master" file goes "out of sync".

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found what was causing the issue. The "master" file keeps losing it's "sync".

If the owner of the "master" goes to the gear icon in CC Desktop and selects "Syncing" then pauses the syncing and restarts it, the files other developers have created will then start seeing the changes to the Assets. We are having the lead designer that owns the file do this stop/start resync weekly or sooner if the sync stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear that you are able to find the solution which was causing the trouble. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Happy Weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way to access the design files if the master document belongs to someone who has been unresponsive? I have a client that doesn't have access to their design files because their original designer never shared anything beyond the developer share link & the designer is not being responsive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines