Highlighted

[Share]-Prototype links going to the wrong destination pages in preview mode!

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been working on the desktop version of a very simple website in XD. I'm at the prototyping stage now and up to this point everything was working smoothly. All of a sudden, however, one page transition is linking to the wrong page in preview mode! Ive tried everything!

Someone else had a similar problem and posted the following about it:
"I have checked the links a dozen times. I saved the file multiple times and rechecked. I closed and reopened XD and checked. I undid the links, so the buttons were linking nowhere, to nothing at all, but in preview they were still "live" and linked back to page "a". Even though the linking functionality had been removed and they connected to nothing...None of these button design elements overlap. There is significant space between them and I know I'm not mistakenly clicking on another element close by."

I'm basically having the same experience as described above. This person eventually figured out that they have a large barely visible drop shadow that they were inadvertently linking; however I have no such effects.

Can't, for the life of me, figure this out! would really appreciate it if someone else has a clue and can shed some light on the issue.

Thanks,
Priya

TOPICS
Product performance, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[Share]-Prototype links going to the wrong destination pages in preview mode!

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been working on the desktop version of a very simple website in XD. I'm at the prototyping stage now and up to this point everything was working smoothly. All of a sudden, however, one page transition is linking to the wrong page in preview mode! Ive tried everything!

Someone else had a similar problem and posted the following about it:
"I have checked the links a dozen times. I saved the file multiple times and rechecked. I closed and reopened XD and checked. I undid the links, so the buttons were linking nowhere, to nothing at all, but in preview they were still "live" and linked back to page "a". Even though the linking functionality had been removed and they connected to nothing...None of these button design elements overlap. There is significant space between them and I know I'm not mistakenly clicking on another element close by."

I'm basically having the same experience as described above. This person eventually figured out that they have a large barely visible drop shadow that they were inadvertently linking; however I have no such effects.

Can't, for the life of me, figure this out! would really appreciate it if someone else has a clue and can shed some light on the issue.

Thanks,
Priya

TOPICS
Product performance, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select the artboard that is the wrong destination in Prototype mode, can you see a grey incoming arrow?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priya,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to what Kenneth has said, is it possible for you to share the link as well as the screenshot of the design in prototype mode showing all the interactions for better understanding?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0