• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share] Prototype links require an Adobe account when viewed on a mobile device

Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday, when I create a new prototype link and open it on a mobile device, it loads for a second and I get redirected to a sign in page for Adobe. The same doesn't happen when the link is opened on a desktop and the prototype loads fine. Links created 2 days ago don't have this problem.

I need to share some mobile designs to a client and now they can't view it on a phone without an Adobe account. What's going on?

If I select "load desktop version" on my mobile browser, the prototype loads fine, so it's clearly some issue with the mobile view.

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Thank you for the suggestion. This would have probably worked, but I have a lot of components, and currently there is no way to move the master components to another file, which meant that I would've had to remake and redistribute all components, instances & overrides, which would be very unproductive 🙂

I did solve the problem, however. I do not have any voice triggers in my document, but when opened on a desktop, there was a pop-up saying I need to sign in to use voice-enabled features.

So I s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble previewing the link in mobile device. I am unable to reproduce the same at my end. Is it possible for you to share the link with us here so that we can investigate at our end? Could you please also confirm if this link is password protected review or development link?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't post the project here, but I can give you a few more details on the issue.

- It is a design review link, it's not password protected. It opens fine on desktop.

- It doesn't seem to be happening with all the links. I wasn't able to reproduce it with other projects. The problematic project/link has about 10-15 artboards. If I delete most of them and leave one, there's no problem and it opens fine. 

- The issue is only when opening the link in a browser on a mobile device. Everything works fine on desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing additional details. Could you please try copying the entire design on to a new file and then create a new link and check if that works.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. This would have probably worked, but I have a lot of components, and currently there is no way to move the master components to another file, which meant that I would've had to remake and redistribute all components, instances & overrides, which would be very unproductive 🙂

I did solve the problem, however. I do not have any voice triggers in my document, but when opened on a desktop, there was a pop-up saying I need to sign in to use voice-enabled features.

So I started deleting artboards one by one, until the prototype no longer showed the voice features popup. I found the problematic artboard, but it had no voice triggers on it whatsoever. Still, I deleted it, copied the layers to another one and now the prototype shows fine on both desktop and mobile with no Sign-In prompts.

I think it's still an issue - prototypes shouldn't force users to sign in, even with voice-features enabled. They should just get a pop-up. Right now it forces them to sign in or they cannot view the prototype at all, which isn't good behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you were able to resolve it. Regarding the concern about signing in to preview prototype with voice feature enable, it requires sign-in because of security reasons. For more information, you can refer to this link: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38909671-voice-spe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines