• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[SHARE]- Question regarding optimizing bitmap images when shared to "Development Specs" with XD

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please let me know why when I add an optimized JPG image to an XD project and then share it to development specs, it increases the size by up to 5x when downloaded from the Shared URL as PNG?  I am not sure how to get around this issue.  Why will it not give an option in Share mode to download bitmap images as a jpg file?  Only options are PNG and PDF.   Only way I can get an image out of XD file as a jpg is “Export”.  This needs to be an option from the shared URL.  Otherwise our developers have to bring the PNG images back into PSD and resave as a compressed JPG to get back down to a manageable size.  Please help.  Thanks!

{Renamed By MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out. We have received a similar request on our UserVoice page. I'd request if you can share your comments and upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/36602989-download-assets-as-jpgs-from-design-specs

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out. We have received a similar request on our UserVoice page. I'd request if you can share your comments and upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/36602989-download-...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines