• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share]-Share links were used to be saved when saving the file in a different name. no it resets.

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm used to save vertsions of the XD files on my computer (fileName_01, fileName_02...). The shared links used to remain in the new verion.
Now the new file doesn't have any links and I can't use the versioning anymore.
* I publish the links in few different places and replacing all links in every place is a huge overhead.
* I don't want to save it in the cloud.

Is it a bug or a feature?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Open and save docs , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Hi Irit,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. It would be a feature request, so I will pass on your feedback to the Product Team and you can do that too by sharing your comments and upvoting this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39763342-option-to-keep-share-links-after-filename-is-chang

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Irit,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. It would be a feature request, so I will pass on your feedback to the Product Team and you can do that too by sharing your comments and upvoting this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39763342-option-to...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that used to work in the past and now is not working is a bug, not a feature request.
I'll describe it with this flow:
1. create a file with 2 artbords. connect them and create a link.

2. save the file

3. save the file, but add a number ti the name ( like versioning)

Expected result:

The share link that was created in the first file will be available in the second file. 
updates made in the file could be updated in the link if user click "update link"

Actual result:
The new file (the second version) does not show any link.
Appearntly it was saved as if it was created as a new file, rather than a copy of the previus file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for elaborating the workflow you are looking for. Yes, this an expected behavior which has been changed by our product team intentionally.

You may upvote the above mentioned request as of now. We will also share your feedback with the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines