• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share]- the purpose of Xd

Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is something I am missing that is stated clearly, then it's just me and not a problem. When you finish a thing (project?) with Xd, what does it create?

I installed Xd because it's in my subscription and I saw an example of designing a UI. Going through the initial tutorial, it ends with "share your result". ?!? What was the result?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

There are two primary 'products'. One is the prototype that you can create, share, receive feedback on the prototype. The other is to export out the assets to be used in the actual development of the app or site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two primary 'products'. One is the prototype that you can create, share, receive feedback on the prototype. The other is to export out the assets to be used in the actual development of the app or site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks for your answer. So, if I send the prototype file and the assets file to a developer, will he be able to build the app? Or do he need more data from me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and I would like to add: Will he be able to build the app exactly like I designed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In XD, once you are done with designing you can share your design specification with the developer so that the developer can code that for you. For more information on how to share your design you can refer to this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/share-designs-prototypes.html 

And for more information on the overall workflow, you can refer to this article: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/enterprise/design-to-development-workflow.html

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines