• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share]-Unable to update existing link after filename is changed/ save as in XD.

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With the latest update, now I'm unable to update my existing prototype link when I "save as" a new name for the file or change the file name?

After "save as", I only can "create a new link".

WTF adobe ??

Adobe XD version: 27.1.12.4

Machine: Macbook Pro Mohave 10.14.6

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for reaching out. This is a new behavior that was introduced. If you do the "Save As", XD will clear all existing links from the document and you will need to create a new link. If the file is just renamed outside of XD (i.e. without a Save As), the links should persist.

Having said that we have received a similar request on our XD UserVoice page, I'd request you to upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39763342-option-to-keep-share-links-after-filename-is-chang

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Khairul,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, this is a new behavior that was introrduced. If you do the "Save As", XD will clear all existing links from the document. If the file is just renamed outside of XD (i.e. without a Save As), the links should persists.

Hence it is working as expected. Hope it answers your question. Let us know if you need further assistance on this.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Why did Adobe change it? Is there any explanation for this?

This is a big issue for me who is changing/ "Save as" the file for versioning purposes.

eg; filename_v0.1 to filename_v0.2

Hence I have to change the prototype link each time to the client once I updated the design.

This makes the links management more tedious.

It would be best to revert the "save as" file feature without changing the prototype link as before.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,
This is a very bad decision!!

Please revert to the original behaviour.
If we want to make a new link we had already the option to do so.
Now this new system completly disturb all my dev team and my clients.

You know that designers keep saving their work under a new name before each big change (file1, file2 etc).
Why you know forbid this? It's impossible to work like this and simply update an already shared XD link.

I'm very very against your change.
Since the last update XD is giving me new bugs (High use of CPU, component update broken, sync doesn't work..) and now this..
I will put a feature request now for something that was working very well.. I don't get it..

I like(d) XD but I'm confuse now..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Why did this new feature was introduce which made a huge impact with my team and client.

These links has been PRINTED on dev. documents. Appreciate to revert to the old feature please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the feedback, Philip. I would request all of you to upvote the request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika,

Yes I hope people will follow.
That said, why not simply use the XD preference panel, which is not used for now, and simply give us the choice to select our prefered behaviour?
Apparently the user base is divided and it won't be a good single option for everyone.
So I think the best is to give us the choice. Don't you think?

Thank you,
Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely Phil, I hope your request get more votes so that our team can look or provide feedback on it. However, XD doesn't have preference option as of now but there is a request raised for it here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/17576923-preferences-grayed-ou... You may also upvote the request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika.

Thanks. But this request is archived and won't accept votes or comments anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thanks for highlighting that, you may raise a new request for the same issue and share the link with me here for tracking purpose.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi XD team,

I've encountered a bug with the sharing feature (Development View) where

1) my updates do not get reflected in the shared Web Document

2) the option to "Update Link" in the Shared Links folder is greyed out

I had to create another shared link in order to see the option to "Update Link", and can't use the original link anymore.

Please help see if there's some bug leading to this behaviour. I can't create a new link each time I update the document.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alvin,

I understand it could be confusing. It seems to be that you're experiencing the similar issue mentioned in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/share-unable-to-update-existing-link-after-filename-is-chang... If so, please share your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

If no, please confirm if it's happening with a specific file or all the files? We will try our best to help.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i fix this issue so can send this to my client?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience. As of now you can copy the previous design and the new changes that you made in the document into a new document and create a new link for the file and share with your client.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried this and it doesn't work. I tried creating new links in a new document and they're still greyed out even. Any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for trying the steps. We are following up with you here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/share-unable-to-update-the-links-in-xd/td-p/11024070?page=1. Please share the information on the post so that we can give full attention to your post.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also really against this change. I iteratively save my work with 'save as' and enjoy keeping the same link for my numerous devs and clients. This totally messes up my work flow and I cant see why this would be a benefit to anyone... Really hoping this gets changed back ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WAKE UP PLEASE, There is a big concern about sharing online.
Each time a new link is created!? !!!
No follow-up, it sends an email to each modification !!!
This is a big big problem with online sharing.
Don't give up, find a solution.

Really hoping this gets changed back ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

This was very bad decision. It impacted on our whole team (13 UX Designers + 3 UI Designers). Now we have mess in links, because links are propagated in numerous task, stories, confluence pages. This is huuuge obstacle to us.

I don't know why you've done this. Instead of leaving choice to users, you forced us to go only your way. Earlier if someone wanted to create new link, he was able to. Now we all have to copy all artboards to last file, which have correct link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a major issue for my team. We use "Save As" for version control, but we try to keep links persistent as they are shared with a team of 20+ people in several different countries and we want to make sure everyone has the most up to date link all the time. Now if we accidentally hit save as, we have to back track and re-do all our changes in the old version of the document. It has been a massive inconvenience. Users should have the choice to remove links from the file if they want, but cutting them off without warning is disruptive and unintuitive. 

Users should be given more control over links, such as being able to choose any extant link to push an update to, regardless of which file originally created it. Instead the ability to choose links to update is being artificially limited. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

please redo this change. 

It is our workflow to create new versions in xD (V01, V02, etc.) and then just update the link for our customer.

Please change this back or make it at least optional to delete the links with every new save/name change.

Best Regards

Aron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aron,

We understand your concern and thanks for sharing your feedback. We'd suggest upvoting the link shared above and submit your feedback so that our engineering team can look into your request

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As a company, we rely on XD comments to record functionality notes and conversations through certain phases of a project (given the pinning feature). However, now when we save a new version of a file, the capacity to update the previous link disappears. This never used to be an issue, the link would just follow you regardless of the numbers of versions you saved. Any one else had this issue? Is it a glitch or they've developed this option out of XD?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for reaching out. This is a new behavior that was introduced. If you do the "Save As", XD will clear all existing links from the document and you will need to create a new link. If the file is just renamed outside of XD (i.e. without a Save As), the links should persist.

Having said that we have received a similar request on our XD UserVoice page, I'd request you to upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39763342-option-to...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines