• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share]-Unable to update existing link after filename is changed/ save as in XD.

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With the latest update, now I'm unable to update my existing prototype link when I "save as" a new name for the file or change the file name?

After "save as", I only can "create a new link".

WTF adobe ??

Adobe XD version: 27.1.12.4

Machine: Macbook Pro Mohave 10.14.6

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for reaching out. This is a new behavior that was introduced. If you do the "Save As", XD will clear all existing links from the document and you will need to create a new link. If the file is just renamed outside of XD (i.e. without a Save As), the links should persist.

Having said that we have received a similar request on our XD UserVoice page, I'd request you to upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39763342-option-to-keep-share-links-after-filename-is-chang

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, echoing everyone else's sentiments re how annoying this is gone. Thanks for the work around in the meantime!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Khairul, have you found a solution to this problem? By the way, I have also faced this issue.
Creating a new link solves this problem. But I don't want to make a new link because this link is shared by a lot of peoples. 

Plz help me out
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-update-xd-file-development-link/m-p/11193354

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Khairul,

Sorry for the trouble you're facing while publishing the link. I have replied to your post that you shared as the error you are getting is not related to this post.

Hence keeping them separate. I will follow up with you on your original post.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me inform about some of the concerns I am having while using Adobe XD :

1. The links created/published are suddenly not updatable. And, have to create new links then, which is hampering the flow of the deliverables.

2. Sometimes given comments (in the published XD links) are just disappearing without resolving the same which is hampering the records of work. 

3. Frequent updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ananya,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please help me with a few more details like:

1. The version of Adobe XD.
  2. Could you please confirm if you are unable to update the link after doing a "save as"? If that's the case, it is working as expected. If we modify the file and just save it, it will give an option to update the link however if we do a save as then it will give an option to create a link.
  3. Regarding the disappearing of comments, is it happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  4. Regarding the frequent updates, we are committed to enhancing the performance of XD that is why we keep pushing updates regularly. However, I'll share your feedback with the team

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Rishabh. Adobe XD is a great software and it solved many of our (designers') concerns while working for different applications. Still, some issues mentioned above are bothering me/us. It will be really helpful if those are resolved. I am trying to describe my views/replying to your queries below :

1. At present I am working on the latest version of XD. The issues were happening through past 2/3 weeks or a bit more.

2. The link update didn't take after any 'save as' or file sharing. After some XD update, some XD links were just not updating and had to create new.

3. Regarding the disappearing of comments, it happened for a few file links, not for all. For an instance, it happened just in front of my eyes within a few minutes : The comment I put in a link disappeared just after I updated the link from XD file and refreshed the link in browser within a few minutes.

4. "The updates are for enhancing the performance of XD" - understood. But this update doesn't come to us all on same day and not with a prior information. Hence, if a team is working on some cloud files or local files by sharing among each other, they have to wait for all the team members to have that update to be done, which delays timeline.

5. Adding a new point here : whenever anyone comment on a particular XD link (the XD file of which I am the owner), a mail from XD comes to my (or to anyone's) Inbox which notifies me about the comment and remind me to check the link for the same. The same notification comes to the 'Creative Cloud Desktop'. But, for some links I didn't get some of the notifications though I can see all of them in the 'Creative Cloud Desktop' notifications. Since I usually check these from my Inbox only, I am confused to depend upon the same now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree to Ananya, I experience the loss of the link very often. But not sure whether this really only when using "save as".

Workaround: if I want to rename the XD-file I simply make a copy in Explorer and rename it there. Then the links are kept. I NEVER use "save as".

Nevertheless it would be realy helpful to be able to force XD to use/overwrite an existing link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the workaround, I am sure it will help other community members. If I talk about the other aspect that is unable to update the link after doing a "save as", it is working as designed.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

"working as designed" does not mean its a good UX.

You may push the user to create a new link once he has chosen "save as" but PLEASE add the ability to use the original link as well.

regards EssZett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. I understand there is always a scope of improvement so let me assure you, I will share your feedback with the Engineering team and you can do that by upvoting this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39763342-option-to...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ananya,

I am so sorry for the delay in response. Regarding the update and comments issue, we will need to test this on our end. Will it be possible for you to share a sample file and the link with us? If yes, you can add the file in a DropBox or any cloud storage and share the link either here or you can send a direct message by clicking on my name. 

Note: While sending the DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have saved the file in cloud,

but in fact I wanna save it at local.

But I cannot find the save as local document in File option.

what should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. In the recent update, we have mapped an additional shortcut to save the file locally. For more information, you can refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/keyboard-shortcuts.html

You can also refer to this similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-saving-options-are-changed-after-xd-29/m-p/11146287...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a horrible feature, if you consider team workflow, the link should stay present regardless of "Save As" or "Save" or on a rename. It should be optional to manage this link. As it stands, I lose all comments when any of the previously mentioned actions occur. In a team environment this causes a lot of frustration especially when there are tons of comments applied to a design and your trying to track against versions.

Are there plans to correct this bad pattern? Tools like FIGMA do not do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't imagine someone implementing such a bad ux design. Now we have a previous version with lot's of client comments and we have no option of updating the link.

Creating new links is not a valid option, is bad for the client and also for us.

I'm really start missing invision, never had this kind of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is "Adobe Experience Design"... Experience! How in the world did adobe designed THIS experience for the designers?

Things like this makes this software literally unusable. After that uptade, i have to provide my client with hundreads of new links. This is utterly unprofessional. When is adobe team going to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe, This is the stupidest thing ever. A full day's work is gone because of this. Really need to fix this. Comments in protoype need to not just disappear because I've updated file names. At the very least you need to include a warning before this happens. This could actually affect client relations is tons of work has been commented on in comments. Thank GOD I haven't involved my client yet, can you image asking them to REMAKE there comments!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines