Highlighted

[SHARE] - Unable to update existing link after filename is changed/ save as in XD.

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with XD for some years now and learned, that you can to save the file with a different name ("Save as..2) to the local file system (to have version history) and the shared link will stay unchanged. So, if I had created a prototype and shared the link with several people for review purposes, I can work on the file and save it with the difrent name, and just update the existing link to make the changes visible for the reviewers. If I wanted to create a new sharing link, the UI has provided "New link" option with me.

Since version 28.1.12.3 (or maybe a version earlier), XD has started to clear the shared link always when I save the file with a new name with the "Save as..." function (e.g. from "prototype_2020-03-16" to "prototype_2020-03-17"). If I saved the file with a new name, I must create a new sharing link, then send it to the reviewers and make sure they are commenting the correct prototype. The "New link" function is pretty useless if saving the file with a new name will do practically the same anyway.

Is this new functionaly a bug you are going to fix hopefully soon? Or is it an intentional feature to stay?

{Renamed By MOD}

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As of now, it is working as designed, however, I will pass on your feedback to the Engineering team and you can do that too here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39763342-option-to-keep-share-links-after-filename-is-chang

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

TOPICS
Missing feature, Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[SHARE] - Unable to update existing link after filename is changed/ save as in XD.

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with XD for some years now and learned, that you can to save the file with a different name ("Save as..2) to the local file system (to have version history) and the shared link will stay unchanged. So, if I had created a prototype and shared the link with several people for review purposes, I can work on the file and save it with the difrent name, and just update the existing link to make the changes visible for the reviewers. If I wanted to create a new sharing link, the UI has provided "New link" option with me.

Since version 28.1.12.3 (or maybe a version earlier), XD has started to clear the shared link always when I save the file with a new name with the "Save as..." function (e.g. from "prototype_2020-03-16" to "prototype_2020-03-17"). If I saved the file with a new name, I must create a new sharing link, then send it to the reviewers and make sure they are commenting the correct prototype. The "New link" function is pretty useless if saving the file with a new name will do practically the same anyway.

Is this new functionaly a bug you are going to fix hopefully soon? Or is it an intentional feature to stay?

{Renamed By MOD}

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As of now, it is working as designed, however, I will pass on your feedback to the Engineering team and you can do that too here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39763342-option-to-keep-share-links-after-filename-is-chang

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

TOPICS
Missing feature, Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As of now, it is working as designed, however, I will pass on your feedback to the Engineering team and you can do that too here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39763342-option-to...

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2020 0