• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share]-Unable to update Prototype links in XD.

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since the June Update, it looks like the prototype generated on xd.adobe.com/view/ is broken: the links seem to point towards "old" content.

There's no error displayed, the updating progress is a bit slow and seems to be stuck at around 75% but eventually progresses to reach 100%.

The "specifications" are correctly updated, though.

Anyone else having this this problem ?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

I know of no solution so far, I have asked the support team to let me know if there is any common underlying cause.

Meanwhile, you could help us with the investigation by using the link I shared above.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am facing the same issue after the June update.

Been struggling to publish the prototypes on time for client review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the behavior is very erratic. Sometimes I get updated assets, sometimes I get old assets but updated hot spots.

Basically, the published prototypes are not only outdated, they are unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

While the new patch update released today doesn't specifically address this issue, can you try installing it and let us know if you are still facing this issue

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I am experiencing the same issues of older prototypes not updating with my changes.

However, if I copy the existing page into a new one, (duplicate page+prototype links) then the link gets updated...

This is NOT a solution as in a bigger application (my case) I have over 60 screens that are interlinked, so having to relink items is a nightmare once I duplicate pages...

@Preran Do you want us to test reinstalling XD? I don't follow your remark on how we should tackle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't suggesting a reinstall. There was an update (9.1) released today with some bug fixes. To check for the update click the gear icon on your Creative Cloud desktop application (the app that you use to install updates) and select "Check for app updates."

If you still need help, I suggest getting in touch with Customer Care Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran​ unfortunately the update didn't solve the problem.

Still the same symptoms than previously mentioned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know of no solution so far, I have asked the support team to let me know if there is any common underlying cause.

Meanwhile, you could help us with the investigation by using the link I shared above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Tael, the update did not solve anything and this is becoming quite problematic as my client and developers are using my XD link quite actively.

Any other solutions come up in the meantime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sometimes i have same problems with my prototypes in XD.

It's very frustrating. When this problem happend, my only solution is to remove the links and generate them again.

I hope that adobe will solve this problem soon in future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even i'm facing this problem i have to keep generating every time, is any one of you facing these issues ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue now. The update is very slow, and doesn't updated, shows the old prototype. 

This is the first time I encounter this issue. The difference is that I have a lot more assets for export. Could this be the problem? It is quite an inconvinience since the developer is waiting for my updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem now. Wish any of these issues would be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the frustration. We would like to know a few more details like-

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • It would be really helpful if you can share the screenshot or video of the workflow.
  • Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?

We will try our best to investigate at our end.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am running into the same issue. I'm running the program on windows machine with windows 10. XD version is 27.2.12.4. Any assistance with this would be really helpful. It's becoming a consistent issue with all my files - for new files and new link (first time share) it works, but I encounter same issue the minute try to update. Steps I take and scenario I have when I encounter the problem: 

1. I create a private link - then the same or next day i need to update something...
  2. I open the file > make my adjustments > save > choose the "Share" Tab > choose "Update Link"
    • sometimes the progress indicator goes quickly to 100% and hangs there
    • sometimes it hangs at 50% then shoots to a higher % and hangs there
    • if i wait long enough i get the following error "Something went wrong. Please create a new link. (error:44:47)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand it could be frustrating for you. You seems to be using the older version of XD. Would you mind updating XD to the current version (28.1) and let us know if that helps.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am unable to update, but for some reason i haven't had any issues since your response. one thing i am doing a little different is going to the menu and hitting "save" vs keyboard shortcut before updating the link. doubt that is it but it is the only thing i'm doing differently.

Thanks again!

This communication (including any attachments) may contain information that is proprietary, confidential or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that further dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Anyone who received this message in error should notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return email and delete it from his or her computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice to hear that you are able to fix the issue. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines