• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share]- Unable to update the links in XD.

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been working a wireframe all day and tried to update the link but the new artboards are faded out and not updating. Please help!

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Hi,

One way of solving your problem is by linking all artboards to the home artboard as stated above. Also if you do not want to link the other artboards to the home artboard and still want to share all the artboards, then you can simply deselect the home artboard (by clicking on the blue home icon. Deselecting it will make the icon grey) in the Prototype mode. By doing so you will be able to share all your artboards without worrying about the links.

Hope this solves your problem.

Thanks & R

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. Please confirm the version of Adobe XD.
  2. Are you getting an option to "Create a new link" or " Update the link"?
  3. Is there any error while updating the link?
  4. Is it happening with this file or on other files as well?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated and reinstalled in CC2020 and i'm still getting the same. No error.

I did save as and rename the file. It's happening with other files. 

I tried to copy and paste in a new file and create new links but it only still is broken.

Most of the artboards are greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the additional information. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of your about XD info page? Could you please also share the screenshot of your interaction in prototype mode?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

new filenew fileoriginal fileoriginal file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 08.55.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Actually only the artboards linked to the main artboard (the one with the home icon selected) are included in the shared link, therefore they other ones are grayed out on the "Share" tab view.
No homeNo home   
Home artboard (main)Home artboard (main) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but not all of the artboards will be connected to the home artboard so do you know how i get around this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how XD works now.
Artboard have to be connected.

- When I have this situation (e.g. sharing iphoneX with 7 along with android screens) I create a fake main artboard with buttons on it, connected to the others.
So my dev can receive the full set, and navigate depending on the button they cliked on the main board.

- You can also make different XD share links depending on the intercation you want to share (there is a share link manager on the Share tab). Be carefull, XD team thought it was a good idea to reset it when you save the file as an other name.

- Or last idea, you can make one share link with the linked artboard, then delete the links, and I think you would be able to share the full set of artboard if no interaction have been created.

I think XD Team should wake up on give us APP PREFERENCES!
LIke you would be able to select if you want this link behaviour or not, depending on your pref.
I don't get why they don't give us this choice as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, thank you both so much for this. I missed a big deadline yesterday because if this. I had to share an unlinked document.🙈

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thealchemyofdesign, haha yes, many of us had issues like that.
There is very rarely update changelog on the Creative Cloud App update list, so it's hard to know things before accidents..
Like I had today an update on the mac version, but I have no idea what was udpated.
I don't know why Adobe does that..

Good luck to you!
XD is still a very good app, but it could be the best one 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i noticed the change after the new "Save As" feature was used. This has never happened before. I was not prepared for the change. They do need to fix this, especially if you're used to working a certain way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact.
As developper working for a PRO app should do..
I still don't get why they don't give us App Preferences for those things.
Not every user, or even every project would need to same behaviour.
I think they might have a good reason, but i don't see it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

One way of solving your problem is by linking all artboards to the home artboard as stated above. Also if you do not want to link the other artboards to the home artboard and still want to share all the artboards, then you can simply deselect the home artboard (by clicking on the blue home icon. Deselecting it will make the icon grey) in the Prototype mode. By doing so you will be able to share all your artboards without worrying about the links.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagriti Kashyap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jagriti_Kashyap,

In that case what will be the first screen to be opened with the shared links if no Home is selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first artboard that you can see in the canvas will be the first screen to be displayed. And the second will be the second one horizontally and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jagriti_Kashyap, yes. but what is "first"? Top left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes top left will be considered the first on canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes top left will be considered the first on canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks & Regards,

Jagriti Kashyap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Are you sure this is not the "improvement" made earlier this year?

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39763342-option-to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines