• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share]- View setting section is greyed out in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have 2 XD-documents (xd mac-version 27.2.12.4, creative cloud-synchronisation: 4.3.28.24) and it is not possible to select a section development or design.

it's only one link generated.

but export in ios will be shown to select.

--> pictures

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

I was having the same problem with one of my files. I couldn't change the View Setting option. The solution for me was to select the 'New Link' option from the link dropdown. After that I could change the view settings.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 19.13.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you not able to choose section for both documents? Is this happens only with these documents.

Can you open a new document and see is it happens for new document? 

Please also update to latest version of XD

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have already updated to the last xd version, and it all works on a new document, even for my other documents.

i cannot choose these sections for this both documents, and the development mode would be very important now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your XD project file for testing?. If not, the only way is to recreate your documents in new version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried to share it here (document with almost 380MB) unfortunately doesn't work.

Can you tell me why it doesn't work anymore to generate the sections?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ursulab,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble changing the view setting in share mode. You may upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with us here.

I would also suggest copying the entire design into a new document and then see if the view settings are enabled. 

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hy harshika,

here are the files as a dropboxlink. Unfortunately, there are many files now for which I can't set the view settings any more. (maybe now everyone saved locally??)

if I make a new document, a new xd-link will be generated, which I wanted to avoid because they are linked to the developer tickets

i also installed the older xd versions (27.1.12 / 27.0.12 again, but I did not work.

thanks for your help.

ursula

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ms1radsbwjuheel/AAAQ9H5SyedATXLWDtBLBdrVa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see your document in all modes and in local proview: (see captures). My Os is Win 10. Can you see the same?Capture2.JPGCapture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-09 um 14.06.58.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-03-09 um 14.06.22.png

my mac version ist 10.15.3 catalina.
in prototype. my problem ist the share mode.
i also uploaded a 2th xd-file, which is still different on the sharelink side.
the files are saved on the local drive and worked until recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately, the problem still exists when I store documents in the dropbox or locally.
XD-version is the latest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem with one of my files. I couldn't change the View Setting option. The solution for me was to select the 'New Link' option from the link dropdown. After that I could change the view settings.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 19.13.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the tip.
I just have to change all left in jira/confluence and out of developers, which could be difficult if that's the only option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I'm having a problem with sharing and publishing. The view setting dropdown is disabled. I've been using this link for our client since day one that's why I don't want to create a new one. Also, it seems the link also changed from "xd.adobe.com/view/6b23d4b..." to ("spec") the one I have on the screenshot  below. Hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 7.28.25 PM.png

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and delay in response. Could you please refer to this similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/share-view-setting-section-is-greyed-out-in-xd/m-p/10965079?...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to avoid as much as possible to create a "New Link' since everyone is already using the previous shared link that was first created. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines