• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Share]-Why are the prototype links are loading too slow in XD?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, when I share my Xd project with a client, the link provided by you are too slow, At first, I thought it could be the resolution of my images, so I did resize all of them to a very basic resolution, however, the slow loading is still persists. this is very annoying for clients and also for the designer.
Can anyone give me any advice? is this happen to all of you guys?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file. It looks like, to access the file I need an authorization, so could you please authorize me to access your file so that I can log a feedback ticket with our Engineering team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, now you'll be able to download the project by the link I shared with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that. I have logged a ticket with the Engineering team and will keep you posted. Meanwhile, I'd recommend updating XD to the latest version and check if the links are still getting stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I check every day for updates. The situation doesn't change. The problem is now with all the projects, we can't understand what's going on, but we have customers with ongoing projects that need the links up and running and also new customer that are waiting for our work. We've got schedules and we can't garantuee to our customer the planning. This is a very big problem for us and you need to find a solutions as soon as possible. When you will be able to find a solution? we need at least an estimation.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry for the delay in response. I did send an email on the 15th of June asking for a file however it looks like somehow it was not delivered. Just to update you we have seen some similar cases so we have already logged a bug with the Engineering team and need the actual file and system logs(https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html). If possible, please share the file and system logs by adding it to shared storage and sharing it either here or through private messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, I reply on private on 16 June

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reached the maximum of privete message to you. (that's crazy) Please check your private message. On 16 June I Sent you everything you askedme. It' been 10 days since 15 June. I'll try to send you again. Please check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind me taking a look at the link and the file ?

Feel free to send me an email with URL: peter@studea.nl.
Or share the file by inviting me (with same email address).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this happens with all prototyping links, even those without images or recently created. I can't send the links, I sent them to one of the customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the same thing right now, with a presentation I made in XD. Yesterday, everything was loading fine, but since today the presentation cannot pass the infinite loading screen of the second slide. Total file size is under 3.5 Mb (which shouldnt be a problem, right?).

What causes these issues when sharing a presentation through the web-view link? Infinite loads & lagging defeat the whole purpose of this feature.

Could someone from the Adobe reply to me, so I could share my link privately with them? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I am suing Chrome. I loaded the prototype in Safari and Forefox to have a try, it loaded quickly. In Safari, they were some display fault. It is an annoyance as my clients ar irritated witgh the delay when loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a workaround for my case which might help some of you.

The shared link for my prototype was taking too long to load and showing frequent loading screens during interactions, even after the initial load. After trying out different approaches, I found out that nested component states were causing the issue for me. Meaning having a componen state inside another component state. When I broke down the hierarchy of components and left all those which had states unnested, the generated link got faster to load and almost never shows loading screens in between interactions.
More of a workaround than a fix, but maybe it will help someone. I hope this issue gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unfortunately having the same issue. I have a project due today and the prototype is stuck loading at the splash screen. I've tried multiple browsers, tried updating. My pictures arent large files. Im unsure what to do at this point https://xd.adobe.com/view/b6883b57-7000-42a3-a54b-1d775b4265b9-e3db/?fullscreen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What helped me solve this issue was to duplicate the initial screen
artboard (the one that is being displayed the first, when in the link
mode), add a small "time - 0.1" to it and link it with the previous
artboard I had (the one that was being used when the presentation was
loading too slow).

Somehow this solved the problem and the presentation went well.

--

*B.R.Artiom Sudin*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, nested components was the issue. If you have many nested components, especially components with states, they get very slow to load. Gets a lot better when you break them down to just one level, so that there's no component inside another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue, and it's causing stakeholder frustration during design review. If the issue truly is the complexity of nested components (which I admit I have many), then Adobe really needs to better optimize performance around that feature. While wildly helpful, I've found it slows down everything while both editing and navigating the published file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jess, what helped me in some projects was to either:

• delete the first slide and ctrl+v it back;
  • change the animation or animation's type (e.g from ease-in-out to just ease-in)

and the more radical one:

• to place a blank slide colored with the next slide's background color (e.g. if the starting slide was white, then add white color) -> make it's trigger be "time" -> set "time" duration to 0.1s

I know those are just workaround, but until Adobe's team fixes this mess it's something that we can use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a year. It's beyond disappointing XD and this issue is STILL going on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem for us: opening a link in the browser takes too long, at least 2 minutes. This is frustrating, especially when it is sent to the customer.

We tend to believe that solving these problems is using Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another workaround for that issue when you have to present the design in a browser is to go through all of the screens prior to the meeting. Then when you present the prototype runs smoothly. But this is still a big issue if you need to send the preview to a stakeholder e.g. I can't believe Adobe haven't done anything about that for more than an year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines