Highlighted

[Share]-Why are the prototype links are loading too slow in XD?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, when I share my Xd project with a client, the link provided by you are too slow, At first, I thought it could be the resolution of my images, so I did resize all of them to a very basic resolution, however, the slow loading is still persists. this is very annoying for clients and also for the designer.
Can anyone give me any advice? is this happen to all of you guys?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Hi All,

The team has logged a bug for this issue and is working on it. You may definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

TOPICS
Product performance, Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[Share]-Why are the prototype links are loading too slow in XD?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, when I share my Xd project with a client, the link provided by you are too slow, At first, I thought it could be the resolution of my images, so I did resize all of them to a very basic resolution, however, the slow loading is still persists. this is very annoying for clients and also for the designer.
Can anyone give me any advice? is this happen to all of you guys?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Hi All,

The team has logged a bug for this issue and is working on it. You may definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

TOPICS
Product performance, Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 23, 2020 4
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to make an animation using the time-triggers (since GIF files are not working in XD) but it always stopped on the second destination when I checked the preview on iPad. It works just fine on my PC though. Also this didn't happen before the updates, so I assume it's a bug after the updates?

Hope it'll be fixed soon. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying updating the XD App to recent v24.0 and test again.

Vishu Aggarwal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have the latest version installed, still not working.

IMG_0051.pngIMG_0052.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I'm having the same or a similar issue with version 29.2.32.3, Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.45.2.

My problem is also with Time Triggers.  It is only present when viewing the prototype in the browser.

When I reach the artboard that has a time trigger on it a blue loading animation (from xd.adobe.com - the blue loading animation is not in my prototype) appears, and my prototype hangs and doesn't progress to the next artboard.

However, if I hit the browser refresh while on that artboard, then the time triggers start working again and it progresses to the next artboard.

I've tried it in Chrome, Firefox and Safari and they all behave the same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on this.

I had my time trigger set to a Delay of 0s and a Duration of 1s.

If I change the Delay to something other than 0s (i.e. 0.1s), it works again in the browser.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joshua,

Sorry for the delay in response. We have the latest version of XD i.e 29.3. Please update and see if that fixes the issue. If no, is it possible for you to share the video capturing the behavior for better understanding?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Yes, I am also running 29.3 - I update whenever there is an update.

I created a new project in 29.3 and created some Time transitions with a Delay of 0s and the published project worked fine in a browser.  Here is the new project, working fine:  https://xd.adobe.com/view/b94e0e49-45f0-465e-78fd-9fe8f53f0682-cf7f/

However, a project that originated some months ago (in a previous version) still has the problem even though it gets edited and the link updated frequently, from 29.3.

Here is the older project.  https://xd.adobe.com/view/8363a9da-5e49-4f12-4947-97edb5d6e6a8-f552/?fullscreen

Click in the UserName field to "fill" it in and then click Log In.  When you do, the browser hangs with a blue loading animation.  If you refresh the browser the timer works and gets you to the next artboard (until you reach another page with a Time trigger set to a Delay of 0s).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was experiencing the same issue. I rely heavely on the time trigger for more complex, animated transitions, and I had been experiencing the same issue (especially frustrating when attempting to user test). The issue seems to resolve when I change the delay to .01s. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joshua and Taylor,

I am sorry for the delay in response. Is it possible for you to share the file with me over a private message so that I can look an investigate at my end? The link does behave the same as you said. Which operating system you are working on? Are you experincing the same issue on both PC and XD iOS app? Please share the screenshot of your about XD info.

I will try my best to investigate on the issue.

Note: Please share the url of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the delay from 0s to .1s worked just fine for me too!!

Thanks for the tip!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble loading the links in XD. We would like to know a few more details like-

• What is the size of the file that you are sharing?
  • Is it happening with all the links that you share that are taking long to load or with this specific file?
  • Have you tried opening the links in any other browser?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for ask,

What is the size of the file that you are sharing?

The majority links I shared are similar to this one

https://xd.adobe.com/view/4c3bdf5c-864e-46c4-6fa7-511f2dcc8452-3a0a/?fullscreen&hints=off

Is it happening with all the links that you share that are taking long to load or with this specific file?

A: Yes this is happening with all Project links. Approximately 18 seconds to open. then sometimes to access another page takes 3 to 5 seconds or more.

Have you tried opening the links in any other browser?

I opened it in different browsers even internet explorer and the range varies only for 2 seconds less.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone on our team has the same problem. Developers are complaining about how slow everything loads... we have had to export to PDF, which defeates the purpose.  Our Prorotypes typically have 10 pages but even just a couple pages feels laggy. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the same issue. This is a recent problem, I would say the past 5 days have been particularly poor. This has been tested in both Chrome and Safari and we are finding that the load speed on average is 15 minutes for a 5 page propotype.

Currently unable to use XD prototyping for our clients, this is really poor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still facing this issue, can you share your links with me over a private message for testing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.. Tooks around 5-10 seconds to load the hotspots/links.. design is already loaded 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2020 0