• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Prototype image is not showing in prototype link.

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an problem with XD image not showing in prototype, its showing in grid view but when i open to a page image is not showing here are few images please check them

Adobe XD Working File01.png

Prototype Grid View Image is showing

02.jpg

Full Prototype View Image is not showing

03.jpg

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Data loss , Missing feature , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Harshika helped me find the issue.

RESOLUTION

1. Check the artboard in question that has the issue of showing only a line.
  2. Go into Prototype tab, then in the top left corner, the view port height was not set up correctly. (See pic attached)
  3. Drag the view port down to the bottom of the artboard, then the preview displayed correctly.

AshYao_0-1675893474115.png

This really helped!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vijay,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble viewing you design images in XD. Would you mind sharing the OS and XD version of your machine? Is it happening with all the files or with this specific file? We would request you to please share the prototype link with us so that we can check at our end.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm having the exact same problem as Vijay. Some images are visible in Adobe XD but not in the browser when I have genereted a shared link. Other XD-files are working fine, I've only come across this problem in this specific file.

I am using MacOS Big Sur (11.2.2) and XD version 37.1.32.2, Creative Cloud Sync 4.7.0.1 and here is the prototype link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/51dd1e0d-4ba0-4039-8218-700dd7c77f7e-048e/ 

Thanks for your help,

Malin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Some images (not all) are missing in the browser link. Is this a known bug? Can you provide a workaround?

I tried replacing the image in the same location to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Malin and Paul,

Thanks for sharing the information. I would request you to please update XD to 39 version and let me know if you're still experiencing the issue.

I will try my best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I updated XD to the latest version and I also keep deleting the share link and creating new ones. I am still getting the same result: design link is not displaying the first 5 images. I would like some assistance with this issue as I need to share this deliverable soon for work.

Thanks,

Ash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ash Yao,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the trouble. We would like to know if it's happening with this specific file or all files. From the screenshot, it looks like you're getting a straight line. 

Is it possible for you to share the link with me so that we can check on our end?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like it's this one specific file, as I've tried with others. This design file concerns company property so I unfortunately cannot share the link on a public forum. Would it be possible to have a private email conversation?

Thanks,

Ash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I removed a lot of the text and managed to create a design link that doesn't contain any information. It still proceeds to show me nothing but a line. Here is the design link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/2d88334c-428c-4cc5-8a09-f2b607168d08-78db/

It looks like it's just happening in this one design file but not so much in other design files.

Thanks, 

Ash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Following up just to ask if you were able to look into it? 

Thanks,

Ash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ash Yao,

I am unable to access the link you shared. Could you please share the link and file with me over a private message so that I can look into the issue? 

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Harshika helped me find the issue.

RESOLUTION

1. Check the artboard in question that has the issue of showing only a line.
  2. Go into Prototype tab, then in the top left corner, the view port height was not set up correctly. (See pic attached)
  3. Drag the view port down to the bottom of the artboard, then the preview displayed correctly.

AshYao_0-1675893474115.png

This really helped!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem as well where several random photos simply won't show up in the preview link no matter what I do. This is not ideal and seems like a known bug at this point. I can't keep sending new links to clients when I make an update and this happens without warning. That makes a huge function of this software obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had this problem and solved it by deleting the link and creating a new link on the "share" tab of Adobe XD. 

1- go to share tab on Adobe XD

2- click the dropdown menu "link" then click on "manage links..."

3- click the "..." on your bugged prototype

4- click delete permanantly

now the problem should be fixed if you share your prototype with a new link.

have a nice day.

@Malin S. @paulopinto 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip @kabal however that solution will not work for me because my link contains about 20 comments which I don't want to loose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed the issue for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced the same issue. Instead of creating a new link, I opened the image in photoshop and saved it for web as png and included this image. Now image is visible in the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines