• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shared files - troubles and issues

Advisor ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shared a file and invited a collaborator to that file. When I edit the file he receives a message box asking him to accept changes, there are no preview or any option where he's able to choose to accept parts of the change, so he just accepts the whole thing. When HE makes changes to the very same document they get deleted when I accept those changes! He lost two hours worth of work due to this.

We did an experiment to see if CC are able to handle two working on one file at the same time. I made a document change, he accepted it. Then he made a change and I accepted it. That resulted in him loosing the changes he made again and it was lost from the file all together. It's not available in my file either, so its basically gone forever. Then I asked him to stay on the phone with me so we could edit the same document at the very same time, so I added a textbox and a circle and he added something as well. While I was talking to him I received the change request message first and accepted that. This resulted in ME loosing what I added to the document. In other words it's a complete mess!!

What's the point in file collaboration when it doesn't work at all??! On the contrary its destructive as hell cause we keep loosing data all the time and it's completely pointless. We are just two people, imagine a group of collaborators.  We are both on last OS version and last XD version. I'm on W10 and he's on Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this one collaboration feature, I see that you have already shared your comments here: - Collaboration on same document (real-time OR check-in / check-out model) – Adobe XD Feedback : Featu....

Here is some more information about the collaboration feature: - Cloud Documents for XD: Collaborative Design, Automated Saving you may check what you may expect at the moment and what improvements would be added to the list.

I certainly understand your frustration at the moment because of a few limitations to this feature and we really appreciate your cooperation on and support with this.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not referring to limitations but serious errors that makes it not only impossible to collaborate on files but also very risky! Loosing data every day due to technical issues is BIG time messy so I can't really see how you could endorse this feature. I really think the most responsible thing would be to remove the file share feature until your able to offer a working solution. Your paying customers are loosing data due to this. My team mate lost several hours worth of design work when he accepted document additions and changes made by me alltough I never touched his design. It's lousy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to understand your workflow here so that we may make it work at the moment. Would it be fine with you to invite me to edit a sample file with me so that we can try this as per your workflow? I would send my email address with you in a private message.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any follow up? My team and I are experiencing the same issue right now...over 3 months of work gone. Please reply if you were able to find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marikal1161519
No, they never came trough on this despite me inviting as requested. I think some of the challenges with the whole Adobe support system is that they have totally outsourced it to India. Anyhow, Adobe would be better off just admitting that they don't have live collaboration in CC and that they are lagging terribly behind on this. After making my post I found this out myself. It's hopeless that someone working in the Adobe support department weren't decent enough to just share that straight from the bat. I also found out that Adobe have promised to fix this for a good THREE years! If you read blog posts on official Adobe sites you can see how they are basically promising live collaboration prior to each update. Here's an official Adobe blog post referring to what they call "collaboration in real time" from February 2016: Collaborative Design with Adobe XD | Adobe Blog

The last dealbreaker was on the may release where Adobe failed yet again to implement live collaboration. The solution to all of this is to migrate to Figma who have had live collaboration a long time already. Much better for teams and collaborative environments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's November 2020 and I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm a Figma user but had to use XD for the first time for work. And so far I feel cheated for thinking 'live collab' functions the same as Figma. In the first few days, I have lost hours of work when I had to merge changes. What's the point of paying for this, when Figma is free?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there! Sorry you're having problems with XD. Coediting on cloud documents is not yet turned on by default, but you can get the experience you're looking for by having the document owner go to the Invite to Edit popup in the right corner of the document and click on "Enable Coediting." Once that button is hit, your document should be enabled with the realtime experience you're looking for. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines