• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shared link (slide view only) not rendering some icons

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use some Font Awesome icons in my prototypes, and it seems over the last week or 2 that they are rendered invisible in my prototype links to development. They are perfectly visible in my design document, they also appear in the small thumbnails when the link is shared in Slack, and in the grid view of all the artboards. The clickable slide view is the most important view for these to appear so my dev team builds these right, but that is the view with this problem... please help!

In my attached examples you can see a back button icon appear in 2 of the screenshots (link view / grid view), but not in the slide view

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. Is it possible for you to share the link with us so that we can check at our end? Please share the OS and XD version of your machine. Is it happening with this file or all the files?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, yes thank you - please see the link here: https://xd.adobe.com/view/e6bc277c-c26f-4a4c-985e-4d8a9499fda2-b3ef/grid The little gray buttons in the bottom left corner are affected in this example the way I described.

I am using a MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina version 10.15.6 / XD version 33.0.12.8 / Creative cloud sync version 4.3.57.2. I have been viewing the prototype in the Google Chrome browser. I have more than one file experiencing this, and others on my team have files with this as well that I have not touched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the link. Would you mind updating XD to 33.1 and also try to view it on any other browser and share the results with us?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In short, no dice 😞

I updated Adobe XD to 33.1, saved the file again after updating, updated the link and tried generating a new link - then opened in Safari instead of Chrome this time. I am still having that same problem with the icons hidden unfortunately and the browser isn't making a difference.

I have been switching out all of my icon assets to use shapes instead of font glyphs in the mean time so they can show up again, but it's a pain to change that of course. It only became a problem within the last few updates, because before this I was always able to see them in these views. Sorry i can't offer much else from my side. Thanks for looking into the issue though, it was appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines