Highlighted

Sharing native XD files on CC

Advocate ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A short time ago I was able to upload native XD files to my CC files area but now I'm not able to anymore. I just get a red alert saying uploading files are not supported yet. But whatever happened cause I already have native XD files in the Files section from a prior upload. So it was obviously possible before. Did you release the upload feature and then had regrets about it? So where do you go from here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sharing native XD files on CC

Advocate ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A short time ago I was able to upload native XD files to my CC files area but now I'm not able to anymore. I just get a red alert saying uploading files are not supported yet. But whatever happened cause I already have native XD files in the Files section from a prior upload. So it was obviously possible before. Did you release the upload feature and then had regrets about it? So where do you go from here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus, you may directly share the document from XD. Please try the steps mentioned here: - Publish your prototype, design specs, and cloud documents and share it with stakeholders by providin...

I hope this will solve the purpose.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but that is not what I meant. As mentioned I'm referring to native XD file uploaded to the CC files section. As in uploading to store the native XD files so it can be downloaded from another client side. Just like I do with other native files like PSD, AI, PDF etc. What your link is referring to is sharing XD files as design documents for development.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perrybrus, you may choose the option "invite to edit" form the "Share" menu. In case you wish to share the XD file as it is, open Creative Cloud folder your machine and copy that file to that folder. It should work.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned I'm not talking about collaboration on design documents. I'm talking about storing the .xd file on the CC server so I can pick it up anywhere. What your talking about is sharing a file trough the collaboration system where you have to open each and every XD document and preform a sharing task as you described. I wanna upload alot of XD files onto my CC file area just like I do when I'm uploading other native files like PSD, AI, PDF files etc. As mentioned in my prior post this is not about sharing, it's about storing and making the files available after having uploaded the native files from my local harddrive. I have 150 XD files that I wanna add to my files section, opening each and every single one and then share them manually is very tedious to say the least. As mentioned earlier I WAS able to upload my native XD files directly from my HD to the CC files section before, but all of a sudden you removed that feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus, I understand what you are talking about here. Uploading XD files using web interface isn't supported at the moment. I would request you to use Adobe Creative Cloud folder on your local machine. To open the Creative Cloud Files directory from the Creative Cloud desktop app, select Files and click Open Folder.

I hope this will help you upload your files and access them. In case you wish to use them within XD, make sure save them as a Cloud Document.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you are referring to requires sync activation. I really don't want that as it creates a really bad way of work with all that sync activity going on. Bad experiences. What I would like is for all of us to use the CC server space for purposes like this trough the file control panel on each plan. Hope thats coming.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2019 0