• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should interactions occur on a component's default state or hover state?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi XD community! What's the best practice for adding artboard-to-artboard interactions with, say, a button with a hover state?

Should the interaction be on the button's default state? Or the new fancy hover state? 🤔🧐😬

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your question is bit confusing. which type of interaction you want between artboards, Hover State doesn't work on artboards interaction. Instead you can do overlay. And you can make as many as states on object and add hover anywhere. 

By deafault hover is on Default state but as you go on prototyping ,click on + beside the interaction and you can have hover option there as well.

Please revert back ,if am not understanding your query.

Thank you,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 12.58.04 PM.png

Do I add my interaction link while Default state is selected, or when Hover state is selected?

When this button is clicked, the destination will be an artboard.

Again, I was looking for a "best practice." I know _how_ to add interactions, but with this new introduction of states, I want to know if adding the link on one state vs. another is best, if any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all depends on what you are trying to do. I suggest going through this tutorial https://medium.com/nyc-design/https-medium-com-nyc-design-hover-effect-31118d6d09c5 because it has everything you need. I don't think there are any best practice guidelines here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do I add the interaction:

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 11.01.35 AM.png

On the Default state?

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 11.00.51 AM.png

Or on the Hover state?

And that tutorial you suggested didn't tell me anything about linking interactions.

I guess what I'm gathering is that it doesn't matter?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines