• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since when 'auto-animate' is affected by size of the artboards?

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DIDN'T remember we had this issues before? i only did a very very simple animation, and boy, it took me on hour to figure it out.

artboard size will affect the animation>>> nothing worked when the sizes are different!!!!

you guys go a lot of things to fix... the last update was, like, NOTHING CHANGED...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

I finally was able to pin point what went wrong with it.

If the viewport height different with the artboards, then it will affect the animation.

It's not a bug. But the coordinates are the same, why the animation will be affected is a mystery.

Thx again for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyclops,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble using Auto-animate feature in Adobe XD. A few more details would be super helpful like:

• The screenshot or GIF file of the issue you're facing with the auto-animate feature.
  • The OS and XD version of your machine.
  • Is it happening with all the file or a specific file?

Please let us know if you've any issues with this. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for the reply.

• I am using Mac OS, XD is the latest version 20.2.12.1.
  • It is only happening with this file, my older files were working fine.

Well, I duplicated the artboard, then modified certain things. As you can see from the GIF below, nothing happened, more a transition effect.

all the settings are correct. It only works when the artboard is the same size. But second artboard doesn't need a bigger (higher) artboard in this case.

one thing I noticed when I was making the GIF, that the navigation bar is not really pasted in the right place, but in the file, it is right at the top of the artboard.... Not sure what caused the position offset.

I didn't have this problem with it before.

屏幕快照 2019-07-12 上午10.05.30.png

WEB.2019-07-12 09_55_37.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this is a bug. I tried creating two artboards with different sizes and auto-animating them. Sharing the link here Adobe XD

The animation is working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that animation on different size artboards works fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply...

I think I didn't explain it properly... In my case, I was auto-animated the blue button, it doesnt move to the next artboard, only does the simple transition, As in your example, the ellipse didn't move to the point there you put it in the second artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally was able to pin point what went wrong with it.

If the viewport height different with the artboards, then it will affect the animation.

It's not a bug. But the coordinates are the same, why the animation will be affected is a mystery.

Thx again for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're glad you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines