Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some fonts with different font weights appear the same on desktop & online

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a bug in Adobe XD + George font (Envato Elements), fonts weights seem to not apply correctly. Some font weights in this font work fine. But Light, light italic, regular, semi-bold, semi-bold italic are all the same. Normal italic, bold & bold italic works fine..

I've added a video to reproduce this, if someone at Adobe who tries to troubleshoot this needs the font please DM me.

I'm on Windows 10 1903 & Adobe XD 26.0.22. I tested this on a friends Windows PC and it is the same, haven't tested on a mac yet (don't have a mac laying around :P).

It seems like there are many more bugs on the Windows version, maybe there has to go more budget to bugfixing on Windows? When the file is large for example input fields are getting buggy, the program freezes & since the latest update export doesn't always work... Please go and test your software on Windows because I don't pay so much to have such a bad experience on Windows...

Thanks in advance,

Remy

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Data loss , Design , Import and export , Open and save docs , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? it is for a client so a quick response / fix would be really appriciated..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, only with this font are you having problems? do you use a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, seems like it's only this font and George Rounded, I don't use a font manager, just import the font via Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried removing the font and reinstalling it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, multiple times, also the issue isn't present on a mac. Also reinstalled XD, tried another PC with windows and has the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the font on other software such as Photoshop or Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have, on all other programs the font appears good on all font weights on Word, Photoshop, Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/different-font-weights-same-result-in-the-mobile-app/td-p/10... the font in there (Geomanist) and that font also has some problems: Book & Regular are the same and black & ultra are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything on this issue? Still waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with "Bebas Neue" book and regular

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its april now, and still the problem isnt fixed. I cant use the Inter font. Same problem as yours. This is so frustrating. All the font weights shows as regular.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same problem with the "Inter" font. Has there been any update on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Windows so they probably just ignore the issue as usual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and for the delay in response. Could you please check if the font-weights are listed as a separate font under the Font drop-down list instead of showing under the font-weight dropdown list?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same issue with the Exo font. Is there some sort of solution or even a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check if the font-weights are listed as a separate font under the Font drop-down list instead of showing under the font-weight dropdown list?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. We have seen the similar discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/text-variable-font-issue-in-xd-windows/td-p/11001813?page=1 please try the suggestion mentioned.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with "Bebas Neue" book and regular

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried te proccesses above and didn't work. When a use the font on illustrator or photoshop all wheights work fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I am facing the same issue on XD, is there any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, Adobe XD. Tried installing Inter from Google Fonts, direct from Inter's website (https://rsms.me/inter/), tried static files and variable file. This has happened with other fonts as well (Exo, I believe). Followed this thread (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/text-variable-font-issue-in-xd-windows/td-p/11001813?page=2), didn't solve problem. Can't use a font requested by client. I'm speechless right now.

inter.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Quicksand font from Google. When I check it on Adobe Photoshop everything is fine but in Adobe Xd the font weights all turn to Regular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue with Inter font, It works perfectly fine in other softwares, But it only shows issues inside adobe xd, I tried uninstalling & re installing the font, Also tried the above solution mentioned, Nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m having this same issue with Exo font. It actually did work before, but after I changed computer and windows was also updated, since that, several fonts have not worked as they should. All the font weight options are mixed up. InDesign, photoshop, Illustrator working well. Please, any fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines