• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sometimes I can't find the border function when open an existed XD file.

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally when I created a box then I can easily edit the border radius with the tune bar on the corner of the box or input the value I want.

螢幕快照 2018-01-31 下午1.33.34.png

But recently when I opened my existed file,  I always found some of the boxes which I've created  has no longer border-radius input anymore,

this is getting more and more problems of me and my colleagues, while we were going to edit old button boxes to change the border-radius especially we have to remove the old boxes and to create a new one instead of changed the input, that are very inconvenience..

Can anyone please tell me what's going on my XD? It would be very appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

It looks like you’ve accidentally converted your rectangle to a path. This can happen if you double click and then change a property, unfortunately, or if you’ve explicitly changed it to a path by using Cmd8 (Mac) or Ctrl8 (Win). We’ve been looking at ways to improve this experience. Unfortunately, there’s no way to convert your path back to a basic shape.

You can upvote this in our UserVoice database: https://adobexd.uservoice.com

Hope that helps,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

corrected withe main image..

螢幕快照 2018-01-31 下午1.33.49.png

Recently when I opened my existed file,  I always found some of the boxes which I've created  has no longer border-radius input anymore..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you’ve accidentally converted your rectangle to a path. This can happen if you double click and then change a property, unfortunately, or if you’ve explicitly changed it to a path by using Cmd8 (Mac) or Ctrl8 (Win). We’ve been looking at ways to improve this experience. Unfortunately, there’s no way to convert your path back to a basic shape.

You can upvote this in our UserVoice database: https://adobexd.uservoice.com

Hope that helps,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elainecc,

Thank you so much!! It is very helpful indeed at least I can explain the situation to my colleagues because I'm the one who highly recommend Adobe XD to our team in scrum and just don't want to let them down. Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elainecc,

I'm very glad to let you know that after received your reply I can finally figure out the problem of the border-radius. Things are I usually created a rectangle into a group or a symbol sometime it comes with text as a button usage, so when I duplicate the symbol or the group that with the rectangle while its need to change the content of the text then I would double click the object for editing text, I just test  this situation on my work  and guess what ? when I double click too fast and my cursor will keep clicking on the rectangle too much, the act will just turn the rectangle convert to path mode and that's comes the problem and that's no one knows at the moment !! wow! finally understand! well! I will up vote this issue in the UserVoice database as a bug and hope one day hope you can fix it or create a function to  switch them. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome to hear!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I consistently run into this problem (even 2 years later), was this never addressed? The uservoice link doesn't go to any specific bug or anything, so I can't be sure what the status is.
Looks like this one was never addressed:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/35485786-return-pa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines